Major, Lindsey & Africa’s Interim Legal Talent group has an immediate need for a Vice President - Legal Counsel.
Vice President – Legal Counsel
Overview: Our client has an immediate need to expand their strong yet nimble legal team. This role is integral to the companies’ success as they grow into new areas of the insurtech industry.
Company: A well-established start-up insurtech company.
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Experience: 3 - 6 years' experience as an insurance regulatory attorney.
Location: Westchester, NY.
- Provide insurance regulatory advice concerning product development, underwriting, administration, and claims
- Have working knowledge of insurance products and insurance distribution channels including licensing, appointments, advertising, marketing and sales
- Have the ability to apply insurance regulatory requirements to new and creative insurance benefits or features
- Have familiarity with federal and state privacy and information security laws (e.g., HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR, NAIC laws, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Legal and Compliance teams
- Craft forms, contracts, and processes to build and ensure a compliant, scalable business that can fulfill its mission and purpose
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team regarding disputes, corporate organization, employment and intellectual property matters
- Assist with regulatory issues related to acquisitions, joint ventures and the establishment of new licensed businesses
- Draft and negotiate of insurance related agreements, NDAs, and technology agreements
- Meaningful insurance regulatory experience supporting business leaders of insurance carriers
- Knowledge of and familiarity with reinsurance and related issues
- Transferable skills from having worked for or with other insurance businesses
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence, pragmatism, a business enabling mind-set, social skills, curiosity and resilience
- Work independently while balancing the need to collaborate and maintain an appropriate level of communication and coordination with the rest your peers
- Ethical, professional and act with integrity
- Balance legal risks and its impacts to the company while serving the needs of the company's customers and partners
- Advocate successfully for a given legal position whether it be within the business or while negotiating with outside parties
- 3 - 6 years' experience as an insurance regulatory attorney