PAY: $80,000 - 85,000
Provide guidance and direction to the underwriting department to ensure daily,
weekly, and monthly production goals are meet. Effectively manage employees
under his/her supervision to meet company goals and objectives as set forth by
the Director of Underwriting and the executive management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include The Following:
* Supervise staff to meet expectations in performance of the team.
* Responsible for the assignment of work activities within the underwriting team to meet the needs of our subscribers.
* Excellent organizational skills, very strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
* Evaluate workflow procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
* Maintain personnel and staffing levels including interviewing, making hiring, promotion and other staffing recommendations.
* Evaluate and manage employee performance.
* Communicate orally or by correspondence with agents,carriers, and account executives to obtain further information, or service existing accounts.
* Maintain positive and productive relations with SAIS Carriers.
* Motivate staff performance under direction of the Underwriting Director
* May rate policies or check previously rated policies for proper rating.
* Executes internal controls to ensure quality of business issued and loss performance expectations of the carriers.
* Ability to follow and apply underwriting and operating procedures.
* Exercise good judgment, maintain a high level of confidentiality, exhibit a professional demeanor and possess a mature executive presence.
* Responsible for the day to day operation of the underwriting department.
* Provide production and underwriting reports as requested by management.
* Assume other responsibilities as directed.
* Ability to work flexible shifts to accommodate business needs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Ability to understand carrier guidelines and apply them to the internal procedures of the team
* Complete and thorough knowledge of all carriers underwriting guidelines.
* Ability to act as the lead underwriter for the department in the aspect of ongoing training, underwriter (carrier) relationships, and escalated issues.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Strong analytical skills required
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to communicate professionally at all levels within and outside of the organization.
* Able to interact cordially with other employees to accomplish common tasks.
* Thorough working knowledge of insurance terminology.
* Working knowledge of MS applications (Excel, Word, Access)
* Commercial lines experience a plus
See contact info below for additional inquiries:
APPLY ONLINE NOW!!!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.