R.J. Reynolds is the second-largest tobacco company in the United States-making many of the nation's best-selling cigarette brands Camel and Newport.
Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; American Snuff Company LLC.; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; and R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company.
The employees of RAI and its subsidiaries are committed to innovation with purpose: transforming the tobacco industry.
Our employees are invited and expected to think and act boldly - and are rewarded for it. Our people drive the innovation and ignite the thought leadership that is transforming an entire industry.
We offer employment opportunities with a meaningful purpose, and employees are empowered to make a difference as soon as they join the team. It's an exciting, creative and fast-paced environment.
R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company (R.J. Reynolds) is the second-largest tobacco company in the United States, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company makes many of the nation’s best-selling cigarette brands, including Camel, Newport, Pall Mall and Doral. R.J. Reynolds provides adult tobacco consumers with the highest quality products and is an innovation leader in the industry
R.J. Reynolds is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI). Reynolds American (RAI) is also the parent company of Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc., American Snuff Company, LCC RJ Reynolds Vapor and Niconovum AB.
Break out of the box….
For over 120 years, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company (RJRT) has been a leader in the consumer packaged-goods industry. R.J.Reynolds Tobacco manufactures many of the best-selling cigarette brands in the United States. R.J. Reynolds is working hard to lead the industry in meeting adult tobacco consumers’ emerging preferences with innovative, smoke-free products. In fact, the people of RJ Reynolds pioneered many of the standards over the past century, and we’re poised to be a revolutionary force in this millennium, too. We recognize that it’s the result of the talent, dedication, drive and commitment of our 6,000 employees, and reward them beyond just a competitive paycheck and fantastic, flexible benefits. We help them break out of the box by offering numerous opportunities for growth.
We’re looking for employees who are hungry for responsibility, accountability and a chance to really make an impact! Our salespeople do this by educating and connecting with our adult tobacco consumers in a '1 to 1' manner with the purpose of gaining trial and conversion to RJRT brands. We want to establish relationships with our Retail Partners that provide them with valuable insights about the tobacco category, consumer profiles/trends and consistently exceed their expectations in our knowledge and our attentiveness to their overall business needs and the growth of their Total Tobacco Category. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a high performance environment and have the talent to deliver these challenging business objectives. If you have those qualities, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting career with RJ Reynolds Tobacco.
Here, you’re limited only by your aspirations.
Territory Managers / Trade Marketing Representatives are assigned to a geographic territory where they are responsible for:
- Calling on established traditional and nontraditional retail outlets
- Selling and executing national/local brand building marketing programs and initiatives within these accounts
- Achieving assigned quantitative and qualitative sales goals and brand building measures
- Building outstanding relationships with store managers/owners by providing expert tobacco/consumer insights and advice through the development of individual business plans
- Participating in relationship marketing by conducting effective '1 to 1' Consumer Engagements through a thorough understanding of Consumer Marketing Brand Strategies
- Actively promoting the marketing mix through direct discussions with retailers using analytical proficiency and influencing skills to promote a beneficial business plan for RJRT and our retailers.
- Consistently demonstrating the application of company values in all business interactions It is expected that Territory Managers / Trade Marketing Representative will become not only a passionate tobacco expert, but a valuable business consultant whose analysis, judgment and knowledge of the consumer and industry dynamics makes for a valuable partner to our retail customers.
Territory Managers will be given in depth training to focus on product sales and distribution, as well as Consumer Marketing Brand Strategies, effective consumer engagement, and tobacco product awareness.
Important Note: The location that you apply through may not be the location where you are assigned in the field. By submitting your application for the Territory Manager Position in the South Central Zone, you are indicating your preference for a position in the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. Please do not submit an application for multiple zones. You will have the opportunity to expand your mobility preferences, to include your interest in multiple zones, during the application process. You will need to be open to relocation outside your current location in order to be considered for this position.
R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company looks for principled, creative, dynamic and passionate people who display or possess:
- College degree preferred
- Strong communication and time management skills
- to actively engage and educate Adult Tobacco Users
- A willingness to relocate. The location that you apply through may not be the location where you are assigned in the field. You will need to be open to relocation outside of your current location in order to be considered for this position.
- A valid driver’s license
- Passion for tobacco
- Personal motivation for success
- An aptitude and understanding of basic computer skills
- Ability to analyze problems and offer solutions
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A passion for winning
- Leadership, and a willingness to take responsibility and accountability
- Problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Creativity and innovation
- Strong oral- and written-communication skills
- Broad, cross-functional business knowledge
- Technical and organizational ability
- Honesty, integrity, trustworthiness and dependability
- Self-motivation and an orientation to action
- Flexibility and ability to embrace change
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify
R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- Generous annual bonus program for all employees
- Company Vehicle Provided
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Daily-valued 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Education initiative plans
- Extensive training and opportunities for professional and career development
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; American Snuff Company, LLC; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; and R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company.
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We require all new hires to be 21 or older.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly.