Aerotek is seeking a Technical Project Manager with Software Development experience to join our client's team in our RTP, NC office. The Project Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the project's change control procedures and effectively utilizing all available methodologies and tools, culminating in client acceptance of results. The Project Manager will conduct project progress reviews with client and account team personnel, providing contingency and problem resolution plans as required.
- Develops and manages project plan and resources
- Manages task assignments and conducts team meetings
- Communicates project status internally and with customer and conducts status meetings
- Produces project documentation
- Monitors and controls project and manages day-to-day activities
- Identify issues and tracks to resolution
- Manages Change Control
- Manages cost/schedule/resource variances
- Ensures client expectations are met/exceeded
- Conducts lessons learned with project team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with Software Development Project Management
- Ability to work within a project team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others
- MS Project experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Focus on results and success
- Strong sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on technical software development
- PMP certification
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.