Role: Tax Manager
Location: Greater Hartford
- Preparation of individual and business federal, state, local, and foreign income tax returns, approving work papers, positions, schedules, returns, and IRS filings, including those for subsidiaries; reviewing payroll, property, and sales and use, and income taxes.
- Recommending tax strategies, plans, and solutions by understanding client's individual or business requirements; researching and tracking economic, political, and legislative trends affecting and potentially affecting client's businesses; identifying, reviewing, and researching federal, state, local, and foreign taxation issues; communicating with client's.
- Performance and management of attest and non-attest engagements, determining engagement deadlines, reviewing and communicating recommendations and solutions.
- Developing new business and expanding existing relationships with clients; participating in civic, business, and professional organizations; supervising staff.
- Income tax preparation
- Financial planning
- Analyzing information
- Process improvement
- Strategic planning
- Managing profitability
- Ability to meet engagement deadlines
- Technologically innovated
- Certified Public Accountant (Required) Minimum 4 years of public accounting experience Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include group health insurance, retirement plan, and competitive benefits.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.