This position involves the management of the Systems Engineering group chartered to develop sophisticated state-of-the-art measurement systems to meet challenging customer requirements for precision antenna measurements, radar signature characterization, commercial & military radome qualification and automotive telematics. The Systems Engineering group is responsible for all aspects of system level development including requirements analysis, detailed design, factory integration/testing, and installation & acceptance. Typical system designs are comprised of the company's standard products including advanced RF receivers, mixers, frequency multipliers, high accuracy positioners, programmable motion controllers, and sophisticated software assembled into custom systems based on customer needs. It is the role of the manager to lead the group in the development of these systems and associated RF and electronic assemblies using sound System Engineering and electrical design processes. The manager will ensure efficient engineering execution across many projects to meet project financial, technical, and schedule goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following and other duties as assigned.
* Implement and maintain system engineering and electronic/RF assemblies design processes to minimize program risks
* Plan system engineering resources across project needs
* Collaborate across functional engineering groups to ensure effective communication
* Provide guidance for electrical and system level designs
* Work with program management to meet program financial, technical & schedule goals
* Track and report technical milestone and budget metrics
* Review and approve test plans, test procedures and factory test results
* Work with the company's factory and operations departments
* Resource planning including manpower and tools
* Development and training for team members
* Administrative duties
This position may require occasional domestic and international travel.
* Lead or management experience
* Firm knowledge of electromagnetic test components and instruments
* Experience with RF and electronic circuit design methodologies
* Systems engineering process and methods experience
* Skilled at system level design involving most of the following
o RF/MW/mmWave test equipment (eg. network analyzers, power meters, spectrum analyzers)
o Communications link analysis
o Antenna measurement and data processing expertise
o Excellent written and oral communication skills
Performance Expectations:* Actively participate in development and implementation of innovative cellular 5G beamforming technologies, narrowband IOT designs, and cellular Remote Radio Heads based on high-speed 10G and 40G data interfaces. Review papers and patents, propose and implement new solutions.
* Develop schematics in Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, Expedition PCB layouts, conduct RF waveform simulations in Matlab, power and signal integrity analyses in Hyperlynx, thermal analyses, develop mechanical 3D models, review Solidworks mechanical drawings, conduct Tina-TI, LT Spice, ADS simulations, guide software and Xilinx FPGA-based firmware efforts.
* Lead a team of electrical, mechanical, analog, and RF design engineers. Conduct weekly team meetings and design reviews. Sign off on drawing releases, engineering change orders. Ensure implementation of high quality practices.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.