The Systems Engineer I role is responsible for evaluating, installing, and maintaining desktop IT hardware and software, enterprise/desktop printer support, and providing 2nd level support to Help Desk for desktop related issues.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding planning, configuring and maintenance of the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) infrastructure.
- Manage workstation and application configuration through GPO and SCCM configuration baselines.
- Create and maintain desktop images, driver packages, boot images and modify MDT/SCCM task sequences for OS deployment.
- Package and deploy updates for Microsoft, hardware and 3rd party applications.
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server operating system and additional server components including but not limited to Exchange, Active Directory, SharePoint, and Skype for Business Server.
- Apply patches to major subsystems and services, roles, and file system components within a Windows Systems environment and perform operating system and patch testing on all changes prior to installation.
- Maintain Sophos server administration policies and procedures.
- Execute large-scale desktop deployment, platform migration, and endpoint management.
- Serve as a technical support expert regarding all aspects of client solution including laptops, desktops, and thin clients.
- Respond to escalated requests for technical assistance from the helpdesk.
- Serve as owner of the thin client deployment and management process.
- Maintain asset tracking and proper inventories of hardware, software, and printer supplies
- Support the Network Admission Control solution (Aruba ClearPass) by reviewing authentication logs and working with end-users to resolve issues.
- Manage and maintain print servers in the environment.
- Diagnose and trouble shoot issues within the desktop environment
- Adheres to Safeguard’s core values
- Customer Service = Resolution
- Team Work
- Decision Making
- Project Management