Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Strategy Communications Manager is responsible for developing communications to represent our investment value proposition, process and thinking in a compelling manner. The individual will identify and meet the needs of stakeholders while leveraging media and technology to creatively deliver broad communications and change management support needed to deliver on Investments and broader Enterprise goals. To be successful, the individual will be responsible for cultivating and fostering complex relationships across Investments and the Enterprise and at various levels – but especially among senior leaders. The individual will be responsible for communicating the Investments story by acquiring a deep understanding of the business, investment strategies & process, the competitive landscape and strategic initiatives that range from business cases for new Investments capabilities, process and cost improvement initiatives and business transformation efforts.
- Partner with senior Investments leaders to develop communications regarding the investment philosophy, process and performance of specific investment capabilities, to provide updates on financial market performance, economic trends and the investment outlook
- Convey complex ideas to drive understanding, manage change and facilitate acceptance to achieve Enterprise and Investments goals and objectives
- Develop and manage a coordinated content management process for all Investments related intellectual property and messaging collateral
- Develop and maintain consistent approach and visual aesthetic across the Investments websites, presentations and other materials as well as developing internal branding and presentation guidelines
- Support the Chief Investment Officer and senior leadership team with key communications to the Board of Directors and key internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate and coordinate key leadership meetings, both on an ongoing basis as well as strategic/special topics
Education and Experience
- 7 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Polished, executive-level communication skills (written and oral); preferably experienced in providing communications on financial markets / performance / products to third parties
- Advanced presentation and story-telling skills using the MS Office suite and other presentation software tools
- Intrinsic learner, able to quickly come up to speed
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, influencing and leadership skills
- Strong problem solving; comfort applying critical thinking and analytical skills to frame ambiguous or conceptual problems
- Ability to work in an environment of accountability with respect to outcome-based objectives
- Organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines and flexibility to work within others’ schedules
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.