Job Title: Sr Systems Engineer
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498
Duration: 06 Months
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-882E (DoD System Safety Standard Practice) and SAE ARP 4761 (Civil Aviation Safety Assessment Guidelines / Methods) in the design of safety-critical products, preferably for military helicopter end-users.
- Prior experience in the creation of Fault Tree Analyses and use of fault tree tools; Ability to use CAFTA to review, create and calculate fault trees with no run time errors, update failure rates within CAFTA database is required!
- Ability to author and/or analyze Preliminary System Safety Assessment (PSSA/SSA), Hazard Analysis Reports (HAR), and Safety Risk Assessments (SRA) is required!
- Ability to author and/or analyze Safety Assessment Report (SAR), HW/SW Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) is required!
- Familiarity with change management and requirements management tools
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, DOORS, CMMI process and DO-178 is highly desirable.
- This position requires an individual that can perform with minimal direct supervisory support.
- As such the candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules is necessary.
- Pilot training / flight experience is a plus, as is a practical knowledge of physics relevant to physical equipment hazards.