Our client is in the process of rapidly expanding our footprint in Cloud computing and we need a Senior Solutions Architect with deep expertise in creating Cloud platforms that are self-service, secure, frictionless, efficient, and operating at the speed of business.
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to join our Azure Product Team. The team is responsible for providing our Application Delivery teams Azure platforms built with a self-service, modular approach using modern application development methodologies and tools.
Ability to work and collaborate remotely with tools like Teams is a must for the foreseeable future.
*Remote work available.
• Participate on an Agile Infrastructure Product team
• Provision and manage infrastructure for use by Application Delivery teams
• Deliver products using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) approach
• Create self-service infrastructure products such as:
o Automated subscription fulfillment
o Networking infrastructure
o Custom IAM roles
o Policies for cloud governance
• Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
• Assist in onboarding new cloud services and foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet customer expectations.
• Report to management on the status of project efforts, identify issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implement corrective actions.
• Problem-solve as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
• Fully understand agile processes and can self-assign tasks in team projects as needed.
• Receives some work assignments through the “ticketing system” for operational work
• May perform complex technical tasks with minimal guidance from senior technical personnel
• Contributes to the design, development and implementation of Cloud workflow processes and procedures
• Required to provide on-call support during off-duty hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays on a scheduled/rotating basis
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
• 5 plus years’ experience with Azure cloud platform
• Experience with the following tools is a must:
o Azure DevOps, GitHub or other CI/CD tooling
o ARM templates or Cloud Formation
o JSON, YAML
o IaC testing tools (e.g. Terratest or Chef Inspec)
• IT background ideally includes
o Azure Functions experience
o DNS, External facing appliances, IP address management, Firewalls
o Experience with cloud governance in an enterprise environment
o Well-Architected Framework for Azure or AWS
o Docker or other container experience
• Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on ability to collaborate while working remotely
• Provides excellent customer service to internal IT teams
• Good organization skills and ability to prioritize work
• Analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot infrastructure problems
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Generally, requires BS Degree or over 5 years equivalent work experience
• Azure, AWS and/or DevOps certifications are a plus
Typical Range of Experience
• Employees entering this job typically have over 5 years of related job experience supporting IT systems in an enterprise environment.
aws, Cloud, azure, Engineer, terraform, Devops
Top Skills Details:
Must have deep skills in: Azure, Terraform and IaC - All Must haves as well as Lead experience or a desire to Lead.
1. At least 5+ years with Azure, must be solid with Azure and delivering products using IaC - Infrastructure as Code
2. Experience using these tools -
Azure DevOps, GitHub or other CI/CD tooling
ARM templates or Cloud Formation
IaC testing tools (e.g. Terratest or Chef Inspec)
Docker or other container experience
3. Lead Experience - teaching the team on Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Azure and Terraform.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
This team is over the Azure Product Team. They are responsible for building new subscriptions. They have about 15 prod and non prod subscriptions in Azure. Including the vnet, subnets, networking and service onboarding belongs to another team. This team helps to support the app dev team to conform to Security Standards and deploy on their own. This team has about 8 engineers. Working to set up infrastructure as a service. The end goal is to get subscriptions ready so they can provide a code based model as a service. This role can be 100 % remote but they do prefer to work on PST time zones or help offset with India times when needed. Soft skills looking for a team player and coach that can help lead and mentor others on these skillsets.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.