Job Title: Sr Software Engineer
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498
Duration: 12 Months
- As an Senior Software Engineer on our team you will be involved in the development of state-of-the-art communications systems by implementing embedded software communications protocols, encryption algorithms, and/or platform software for our sophisticated software defined radios that enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
- Work in C++, C, Python and embedded Linux so proficiency in these areas will help the candidate come up to speed quickly.
- Experience working in an Agile environment would also be preferred.
- Software Development and integration role on complex multi-threaded embedded C and C++ product software code bases.
- Support the design and development of embedded software solutions and communications products
- Support project team activities related to the specification of requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution, and certification support
- Be comfortable working in a Linux development environment; experience with using mutexes, semaphores, queues, inter-process communication, and interrupt service routines beneficial
- IP networking and networking protocol experience is desirable
- TDMA, mobile adhoc network (MANET) and waveform communication protocol experience is desirable
- Experience with platform software solutions and device drivers for operating system boot, Board Support Package (BSP), file systems interfaces, health monitor, network communication, etc.
- The Open Systems Interconnection model, with a focus on layers 2 (data link) and 3 (network)Work with cutting-edge technologies, such as multicore processors, hypervisor systems, and systems-on-a-chip