The Senior IT Security Architect (iii) serves the company as an advisor on best practices and is responsible for designing and effectively implementing enterprise security strategies, architectures and solutions that guide IT security direction. They are accountable for the security architecture across a variety of applications or domains and assigned to project/initiatives of large size, complexity and risk. The Senior IT Security Architect develops actionable security blueprints, principles, models, designs, standards and guidelines to ensure enterprise information technology architecture is consistent, usable, secure and adds value to the business. Interacts with vendors, IT and business area contacts to facilitate flexible, scalable and cost effective security solutions. Also provides technical guidance to less experienced Security Architects.
- Responsible for design and implementation of security strategy, architecture and platforms.
- Responsible for enterprise due-diligence activities including security monitoring and security metrics to evaluate effectiveness of the enterprise security program and established controls.
- Accountable for adhering to enterprise architecture standards, ensuring security technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization and contributing to enterprise architecture strategy-setting.
- Responsible for ensuring necessary security controls are part of technical designs.
- Participates in security governance processes.
- Participates in IT security efforts across all business areas and client groups.
- Troubleshoots, recommends and executes action plans for issue resolution.
- Serves as security architecture subject matter expert to business areas, project teams and vendors to apply and execute appropriate use of technology solutions and lead efforts to examine technology vision, opportunities and challenges.
- Builds consensus around principles of security architecture and interprets and clarifies these principles.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions including providing detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced Security Architects.
- Participates on project teams contributing input with regard to security standards and the impact to technology.
- Investigates and reports on security threats and incidents.
- Conducts post-event reviews of security incidents.
- Maintains operational, architectural and design documentation including procedures, task lists, and architecture blue prints.
- Evaluates strengths and flaws in Security Architecture designs including performance, confidentiality, integrity, availability, access and total cost of ownership.
- Facilitates project handoffs including preparing documentation, educating and supporting to ensure smooth transitions.
- Selects and designs tools that allow reuse of design components and patterns between projects.
- Develops actual working solutions or prototypes based on their own designs and resolves any issues that arise.
- 5+ Years Information Technology Experience
- 4+ years Security, Application or Systems Architecture Experience
Education Level Education Details:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Highly developed proficiency in creating architectural designs for gradually complex designs
- Highly adept at consulting, negotiating, communicating, consensus building, presentation and facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Experience and understanding of a variety of operating systems
- Highly adept at innovating and thinking beyond established standards and processes
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience applying current and emerging technology security solutions and trends including security and regulatory industry requirements
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills related to implementing security architecture and design
- Knowledge of Information Security procedures and controls.
- Knowledge of common information management systems
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with defense in depth, trust levels, privileges and permissions
- In-depth knowledge of development practices of security technologies
- Demonstrated leadership skills through project or technical leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand overall IT strategy and apply/implement IT strategy in assigned projects/initiatives
- In-depth business process knowledge of several key business functional areas
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences
- Health care industry related experience is preferred
- Information Security certifications preferred (CISSP, CISM)
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Extensive experience with IT Infrastructure Services components and how to enable the business while at the same time providing the appropriate level of Security controls
- Experience with Network Security principles, such as Firewalls, perimeter defenses, load balancers, proxy servers
- Experience with End-Point, Remote Access, Network Systems Management, Messaging & Collaboration, and Logging & Monitoring Security solutions
- Big Data architectures such as Hortonworks suite of products: Hadoop, Kafka, Redis, and Object Storage principles
- Amazon Web Services 'AWS' and Microsoft Azure deployment, Security, Network, and Operational architectures and solutions
- Identity and Access Management 'IAM' concepts and principles such as federation, delegated access (user managed access 'UMA'), single sign on, OAuth, and OpenID.
- Securing Digital Engagement models such as mobile, IOT, wearables, etc.
- Security engineering for API gateways, REST Web Services, JSON Web Tokens 'JWT', SOAP
- Knowledge of CMS ARS controls and ability to design security controls to support control objectives