Sr Business Development Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Develops energy plans and strategies for brokers, consultants, and/or direct customers, prepares and gives sales presentations and closes sales transactions that drive new business according to annual sales plans and goals.
* Cultivates on-going, positive customer relationships with current and potential commercial, industrial, and public sector customers in order to achieve high renewal rates.
* Identifies prospects and develops contacts with high-level decision makers and influencers in organizations in the specific vertical markets assigned.
* Collaborates with Sales management and internal Company resources to close sales within current policies, procedures, and practices.
* Negotiates pricing and other terms with clients, effectively communicating with internal Company resources to ensure profitable transactions.
* Attends conferences and trade shows and similar event to network and obtain market intelligence.
* Frequently visit brokers, consultants, customers, and prospects to ensure the brand is well represented, new sales are obtained and renewal rates are improved.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related technical field
* Minimum seven (7) years energy commodity sales, energy efficiency, distributed generation, demand response, and/or other renewable energy solutions
* Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, and peers
* Demonstrated ability to logically analyze and solve broadly-defined business problems with innovative solutions
* Demonstrated ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse internal and external audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal and project management skills to manage multiple clients and tight timelines
* Demonstrated ability to communicate (listen, negotiate, convince) effectively, including the ability to persuade and diffuse tense situations
* Demonstrated ability to speak in front of groups, C-level executives and senior decision makers
* Master's Degree
* Relevant certification (ex. Certified Energy Professional (CEP)