Our client serves 100+ countries and generates revenues in excess of $35B a year. Nearly every aspect of our business is driven by Information Technology from inventory planning, logistics, order management, configuration, shipping, invoicing and settlement. Our systems are a high transnational volume environment with a significant amount of our revenue derived through our eBusiness services. Chances are, we are the largest environment you may have encountered, and therefore, we are seeking only the absolute best IT Security Professionals for this role.
As part of the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC), the Specialist is responsible for implementing and managing security solutions globally. Leads or serves as a technical resource in various IT security projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the security infrastructure and operating procedures. Keeps abreast of the latest technologies and identifies opportunities to leverage them to improve competitive edge
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- Supports implementation of new or improved security controls as a technical expert.
- Maintains and manages security controls including but not limited to Endpoint Protection, Web Filter, Intrusion Prevention, DLP, Encryption, PKI, Certificate management, Strong Authentication.
- Implements changes to security controls globally.
- Ensures compliance of the security controls software version, policies and rules.
- Performs security health checks and works closely with IT Operations and Help Desk to re-mediate any issues caused by security controls.
- Responds to audit requests related to security compliance and takes remediation steps to close any gaps in security coverage.
- Responsible for security log management, archiving and retention according to security policy.
- Maintains baselines for the secure configuration and operations of assets.
- Delivers regular Security Operations reporting.
- Contributes in the IT security related aspects of legal and regulatory compliance.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions:
- High School/G.E.D required; Bachelor's degree or above preferred.
- Security certifications (CISSP, SANS GIAC, CEH) are desirable
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP, related network and application protocols and their security issues
- Operational knowledge of system and network security engineering best practices
- Proven hands-on experience implementing and configuring Operating Systems (Windows, Unix) and Databases (MS SQL, Oracle)
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Basic security assessment skills
- Solid experience with scripting for automation and data analysis
- Proven experience with developing and implementing IT security configuration standards
- Proven hands-on experience with Security tools like Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention, Endpoint Protection, Proxy/Web Filter, Encryption, Certificate Management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of service management concepts like ITIL v3