Sr Systems Administrator
Top Required Skills:
- 5+ years as a Windows Admin in a medium/large size company
- Preferred scripting in Powershell/Bash to help with automation
- Virtualization with VMware
- Experience with AWS or want to learn AWS as they're moving from physical data center to the cloud
- Administration of VMware ESXi vSphere 6 and 6.5 environments
- Experience with both legacy 3-tier and Hyper-converged architecture.
- Provisioning physical and virtual servers using best practice configurations with an emphasis on security, performance, and high availability.
- Diagnose and resolve issues with hardware/software and escalate complex problems when necessary. Effective ability to communicate pre- and post-analysis of problems to senior staff required.
- Support data center operations such as rack/cable management, electrical and environmental monitoring.
- Project management including, Planning, Executing, and Closing Projects.
- Participate in installation/configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of all enterprise systems.
- Data backup and recovery operations with Veeam & AWS tape archival.
- Active Directory administration and maintenance
- Administration of all storage infrastructure, including fiber channel and SCSI attached storage arrays, tape backup libraries, etc.
- Support the migration and maintenance of applications and workloads into AWS.
- Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to Jr team members.
- 5+ years of experience supporting hardware, software, and OS on both physical and virtual server platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and/or completion of MCSE, CCNA, or similar IT certification desired.
- Strong understanding of virtualization principles and working knowledge of VMware vSphere (ESXi and vCenter) environment. Working knowledge of vRealize Operations Management, and/or Horizon VDI a plus.
- Working knowledge of enterprise server and blade hardware. Experience with HPE BladeSystem hardware and HPE ProLiant DL/BL servers a plus.
- Working knowledge of enterprise storage networking and disk arrays. Experience with Brocade fiber switches, QLogic HBAs, HP 3PAR 7K and 8K series fiber channel disk arrays a plus.
- Experience administering latest Windows and Linux OS platforms.
- Knowledge of network TCP/IP protocol (DNS, WINS, DHCP).
- Knowledge of security technologies such as VPN, firewall, as well as software and hardware-based encryption.
- Strong Active Directory administration/engineering skills a plus.
- AWS migration experience preferred
- Light programming/coding in C++, Python, Java, etc. a plus
- Excellent decision making, problem solving skills, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up.
- Provide on-call and off-hours support including weekends on a rotational basis.
- Occasional travel may be necessary.
Casual environment. Most employees wear jeans. Looking to move to new location in Chantilly in 2019, allowing for cost efficiencies but also helping them push for a more flexible work environment allowing work from home opportunities. They are moving away from their physical data centers and have selected AWS as their cloud platform. Admins will be exposed to AWS moving forward to support their infrastructure.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.