Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer – GUI
Location: Sterling, Virginia 20164.
Duration: 12 Months
- ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- This software engineering position is within the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area.
- STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers.
- Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability (HLA/DIS).
- Design, development and integration of the Graphical User Interface (GUI) virtual cockpit panels.
- Participate in customer working groups to determine GUI design requirements and internal and customer reviews describing the design implementation.
- Integrate and test GUI implementation in plant and at customer facilities post-delivery.
- Architect effective software product designs
- Assist in development of detailed software specifications and provide accurate time estimates for the software development
- Design, develop, implement, test, and debug real time, multithreaded, multiprocessing software applications and associated user interfaces
- Support and enhance existing software products as necessary
- Expand knowledge of product domain, requirements, design, development, test and release software processes, tools, methods and coding best practices.
- A primary emphasis on taking technical ownership of multiple components within a system.
- Design, code, test, integrate, and document software of moderate complexity.
- Capable of building software for simulation and target hardware environments.
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture and analysis in area of domain expertise.
- Participate in cross functional team efforts in definition, integration, verification, and validation of products and subsystems of moderate complexity.
- Capable to producing engineering estimates for individuals tasks.
- May contribute to Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid proposals and/or lead a software team in a Project Engineering role.
- Able to identify the root cause of moderate to complex software issues and some systems issues using appropriate debug and analysis tools.
- Escalates and articulates/summarizes encountered technical software issues to project leadership in a timely fashion.
- Individual job duties may vary.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- AGILE Experience, Cloud Computing, AWS, JIRA
- Scripting Languages (Python, Perl, Nodejs) and their automated testing frameworks
- Installers (MSI, RPM, DEB etc.)
- Realtime programming
- Source code control (SVN, Git, ClearCase etc.)
- Cyber security IAT Level I minimum, SEC+