One of the best places to work in Greater New Haven is looking to add some Information Security Analysts to their existing team(s). Great benefits, a company that truly cares about the employees, great retention, terrific home.
Working beneath the Information Security Officer, this role will support security initiatives, assess compliance with policies and regulations. Coming from a regulated background is highly desired. This position will focus on: procurement, implementation, monitoring, incident detection, investigation, mitigation, etc.
- Assists in understanding user requirements, and develops and recommends security hardware, software and tools solutions to satisfy the requirements.
- Provides skilled technical development of security architecture, design, planning, implementation and support.
- Develops and maintains corporate-wide communications standards and procedures.
- Discovers, reports, and resolves information security environment problems.
- Evaluates feasibility of new hardware, software and tools as they become available.
- Tests, evaluates and installs new hardware, software and tools as they relate to the corporate information security program.
- Responsible for implementing operational security frameworks for existing and new computing services, programs, and applications.
- Provides quality assurance of systems by ensuring successful implementation and maintenance of information security tools as defined in IS&T Security Policies.
- Supports and continuously monitors and reports on all information security vulnerabilities and incidents.
- Creates and maintains documentation.
- Perform daily operations and provides scheduled reporting on detected security incidents, trends, and current state of information security.
- Reviews results from internal active network penetration tests to ensure mitigation of vulnerabilities in information systems.
- Assist with information security impact to server, client, and application upgrades and installations where appropriate.
- Responds to information security inquiries.
- Participates in application information security reviews and assessments.
- Supports the Lead Information Security Specialist in performing monthly security, reviews and in preparing monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc status reports.
- Works well within a team of Information Security specialists and analysts.
- Provide operational metrics to continually assess information security, for policy and regulatory compliance and generates reports.
Must have a 4 Year Degree or higher
- 7-10 years of experience in an Information Security role or related area with specific information security responsibilities including government regulatory compliance.
- Experience coordinating and supporting complex security solutions required, preferably in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience leading and directing the work of others strongly preferred.
- In-depth experience and knowledge is required in the following areas:
- Information Security Management Practices, Access Control Systems, Network/Operational Security, Information Security forensics, and regulatory requirements
- All areas require demonstrated, strong interpersonal, resource management and communication skills.
- Familiarity with application security and business continuity is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks is essential.
- CISSP or similar certification required.
$90000-$110000k base +/-, Great Benefits, Great Paid Time Off