Lonza Pharma & Biotech is looking for a Senior Project Engineer to support their expansion in Bend, OR.
As a member of the Engineering Team, the Senior Project Engineer will lead and oversee capital projects involving the planning, reconfiguration, or construction of structures or equipment and systems.
The Senior Project Engineer plays a critical role in eliciting client requirements and specifications for projects and ensures that business drivers are clearly defined and communicated. The Senior Project Engineer develops project funding requirements and guides the project through the funding process.
The Senior Project Engineer verifies that projects are planned, executed, and documented in accordance with established site and Lonza methodologies for delivering best-in-class services on capital construction projects. In addition, this person must leverage knowledge of GMPs to ensure that projects are executed with minimal disruption to Operation’s schedules and must provide construction management oversight to ensure that projects are executed safely, efficiently, and in accordance with all applicable codes and requirements.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Directly responsible and accountable for delivering capital projects to scope, budget, and schedule
• Provides direct management, execution, and oversight of capital projects of varying complexity from concept through Commissioning and Qualification (C&Q)
• Leads the governance structure that oversees the entire process flow involved in effective project inception and execution
• Ensures projects are executed in accordance to current Lonza and site methodologies, policies, industry best practices, and cGMP requirements
• Defines project scope and clearly identifies problem, functional requirements, and recommended options
• Establishes project team, develops project strategy, master schedule, and spending schedule.
• Identifies and mitigates project risks to scope, budget, and schedule
• Manages plan/design review processes including stage gate reviews, EHS reviews (e.g. HAZOP, etc.), equipment evaluation, tests, and approvals
• Supervises contractor evaluation and selection process. Manages contractor inspection process to ensure safety and compliance
• Sets up logistics system, including vendor selection, RFQ’s, bid selection, invoice approval.
• Coordinates the development of engineering and GMP documentation, procurement, engineering services, construction, C&Q, and turn over to Operations
• Provides frequent review of progress vs. schedule versus cost with appropriate teams. Updates Client and Management
• Interacts with Senior Management for project reviews and governance
• Perform other duties as assigned