Senior Network Engineer needed for a direct hire opportunity with SOC's client located in Fort Meade, Maryland.
ACTIVE Top Secret/SCI clearance REQUIRED!!
Or client is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
• Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
• Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
• Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
• Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
• Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
• Develops network architecture and network design documentation
• Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
• Designs and performs integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
• Provides advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
• Manages the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
• Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
• Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility
• Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
• Provide research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives
• Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software
• Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
• Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
• IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
• Computing Env: CCNA to start and must obtain CCNP within 180 days of their start date.
• TS/SCI required
• Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
• Travel may be required in support of customer's mission requirements.
• High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate's Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master's Degree with 4 years of experience.
• 5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
SOC, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.