We are looking for a highly motivated full-stack .NET Developer to assist with design, development, and support on a browser-based, global financial compliance system. This system supports regulatory requirements for Short Selling and certain aspects of Credit Default Swaps across every jurisdiction where the bank does business. It provides reporting and monitoring of global end-of-day net short positions and other notification requirements as well as critical position information used in regulatory disclosure reporting for downstream systems.
An ideal candidate should be self-starting, have a thorough understanding of the technologies outlined in the requirements below, and capable of addressing issues across architectural boundaries. However, primary focus of responsibilities will be in the user experience, which is based primarily in the following: C#, Linq2Db, ASP.NET MVC 5.x, jQuery, Bootstrap 3, Kendo UI, and LESS.
• Works closely with other NYC-based team members and business partners to design, develop, enhance, test, support, maintain, and debug software solutions that support business units or support functions.
• An experienced member of the technical team responsible for assisting business leaders and management.
• Contributes to strategic technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives.
• Employs in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and business process requirements to recommend innovations that enhance and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
• Provides total-effort estimation for deliverables for one or more programmers with minimal margin of error.
• Coordinates collaboration with business solutions and other development teams as needed to deliver on time and within budget.
• Provides feedback and technical guidance to project managers on issues of critical importance to achieving business objectives.
Skills & Experience:
• Required: 10+ years of overall hands-on software development experience.
• Required: MUST demonstrate exceptionally clear communication skills
• Required: 3+ years of experience as a team lead with clear recognition as a technical expert by peers, while making architectural and design decisions
• Required: 3+ years of experience in the global investment banking industry
• Desired: Direct application development experience in Foreign Exchange, Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, Prime brokerage
• Required: 7+ years of hands-on experience and a complete understanding of Visual Studio, C#, .NET Framework development, and Transact-SQL
• Required: 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server and a demonstrated understanding of database design and query planning & execution
• Required: 5+ years of experience C# expressions (LINQ & Lambda), thread & memory management, asynchronous development patterns, and data serialization/deserialization (XML & JSON)
• Required: 5+ years of user interface design and development, including at least 3 years with responsive design and Bootstrap 3
• Required: 3+ years of experience and a complete understanding of HTTP & REST and ASP.NET MVC core concepts (including Routing, Bundling, and WebAPI)
• Required: 3+ years of experience with a proven TDD pattern and framework, such as NUnit or xUnit, as well as mocking (Moq)
• Required: 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft Team Foundation Services (TFS) including TFS Build configuation
• Required: Complete understanding of and 3+ years of experience working within either the Waterfall or Agile SDLC methodology
• Desired: Direct, hands-on experience with JIRA
• Desired: 3+ years of hands-on experience with Linq2Db, log4net, Telerik Kendo UI, and LESS (or SASS)
• Desired: 3+ years of hands-on experience with data transformation (Informatica or SSIS)
• Desired: Direct, hands-on experience with MS SQL Server 2012 or above and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
• Bonus: Direct, hands-on experience with Bitbucket, Ansible, Artifactory, and Jenkins
• Bonus: Direct, hands-on experience with web testing and automation via Selenium
C#, ASP.Net, KendoUI, Angular
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.