1. Linux Administration experience
-Will need to show at least 8 years of increasing responsibility utilizing Linux on their resume and be able to speak to this in the interview.
-Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Red Hat 6 and 7 servers.
-Experience writing command lines
-MUST HAVE SE LINUX
-adding users, logging files, modifying Bash
2. SE Linux (Selinux) experience
-DISA requires that all of their servers have this OS running. The candidate must know how to:
-configure/modify SE Linux for applications and services.
3. Patching experience and other OS experience
-This environment is using YUM
-They need to be able to create repos, download patches, and update servers. This is a DISA Stig and also remediates ACAS findings.
Operating System experience:
-disc management, user accounts, troubleshooting server and user account issues
-Networking and Storage knowledge - knowing questions to ask network and storage teams and understanding how servers, networks, and storage all connect.
Server hardening experience - STIGs preferred
-Must have experience hardening servers and following STIG process would be preferred. If no STIG experience then they should still have hardening experience and following another process so that the servers are compliant with IA
They are an Ops (Operations) Center. They routinely do user maintenance, LVM work, create/modify SOP and TI docs, pseudo configurations, STIG and ACAS remediation. This is 70% of the job.
The candidate needs to be able to think for themselves - apply what they know to solve a problem. Anybody can type a command from a google search or textbook. But can they figure out what to do when google fails them?
Our client is a premier technology service provider that delivers military-strength data security, innovative solutions, and a best-in-class customer support experience to enable mission readiness and success for the most critical applications. Their enterprise data centers serve millions of users around the world, supporting system environment needs for organizations throughout the Joint Forces, Department of Defense, and Army.
This datacenter supports over 150K users in the US Army and hosts over 80 applications for the departments of the US Army.
This position is for a Systems Administrator for a mixed and growing environment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. This position will work with the existing UNIX team to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers for a mixed customer environment. This position will plan, execute and implement new system hardware and software and create and maintain team technical instructions, operating procedures and policies as needed. This position will need to be adept at monitoring and tuning system performance, ongoing operation of the servers, hardening of the servers and reporting of the overall security and operational status. The position will also recommend improvements to the enterprise, and manage new software/hardware integrations when required. The position will need excellent communication and team skills. This position will provide support towards the lifecycle of a mixed environment of vendor equipment in the datacenter to include firmware version control and periodic preventive maintenance.
From Customer's Job Description:
* SELinux - understand the basic and advanced management and configuration of SELinux
* Scripting - be able to automate daily tasks when required
* Patching - understand how to apply security updates to systems via YUM and RPM
* Networking - have demonstrated experience using VLANs, troubleshooting tools such as ip, netstat, ss and telnet as well as how to harden a system using firewalld/iptables and hosts.allow
* User Mgmt - be able to manage a large pool of local users through the command line
* System Hardening - have exposure to or understanding of the DISA STIG or its commercial equivalent and be able to demonstrate experience in system hardening and auditing
* Virtualization - have demonstrated ability using VMWare and be able to maintain and build systems from templates or from scratch via system ISO file. Know how to access a VM from the console and perform troubleshooting where necessary
* Storage - understand SAN/storage concepts (LUNs, HBAs), logical volume management (LVM), & NFS and how to utilize all of those in the OS
* Services - understand how SFTP/SMTP/NTP and DNSSEC work and have a demonstrated working understanding of how to configure and maintain each
* Team Work/Communication - demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills as well as the ability to analyze and solve complex problems. This should include experience in designing, documenting and writing deliverable plans for enterprise implementations using Microsoft Office products such as MS Project and MS Visio.
Desired skills and Nice to haves:
vCenter; spacewalk or satellite server management and usage (this is how we push configurations and patch); STIGs, prior DoD experience (there is a way of doing things here that does not exist in the commercial world).
* Perl scripting, kickstart, jumpstart, configuration management tools (puppet, ansible, chef), Solaris IPS, Solaris AI, git, iLO / DRAC configuration.
* Understanding of Data Center technologies and experience with maintaining a Data Center for a medium to large data center, develop best practices for maintaining firmware and drivers required to sustain a high availability of systems.
- Virtualization experience - experience with Vsphere is preferred
-Must have experience managing and building servers in virtual (vsphere) environment.
-If they have built a virtual box on their own at home this is acceptable
Typical week would look like the following:
1. Troubleshooting tickets from customers
2. Conducting Server builds
3. Account Management
-add and delete users, passwords, network
4. Project work
-AWAN - ALTESS Network, hardening servers, checklist
-ALD project - cloud research and prep
-UID - user ID project
-Ansible - cloud research
-Data migration - helping storage team out
5. Training stuff for cloud - AWS and Azure
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.