The IT Project Manager will represent Mission's interests in the management of the Information Technology Department's Projects, utilizing the Project Management Institute's (PMI) project management methodology: deliverables, scope, budget, quality, stakeholders, risks, and the realization of value to Mission. The Project Manager will ensure good governance and transparency and with a high level of communication with the Mission team, IT Steering Committee, Vendors, the Systems Integrators, and other stakeholders. The Project manager will be responsible for establishing timelines, assigning resources, monitoring progress, assessment of vendor performance, and meeting the project(s) scope.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
• Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
• Proactively communicate with internal customers and build relationships to set expectations and understand internal customer needs prioritizations
• Facilitate collaboration and encourage knowledge and process sharing among all Mission offices/facilities
• Maintains quality of service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and escalations to management as needed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
• Analytical: Ability to collect and interpret data. Ability to research and problem solve independently
• Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, work well in group solving situations, use reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Technical Skills: Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursue training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, share expertise with others.
• Interpersonal Skills: Focus on solving conflict, not blaming, maintain confidentiality, listen to others without interrupting, remain open to others ideas and try new things
• Teamwork: Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others views, able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Motivation: Measure self against standard of excellence
• Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Attention to detail
• Hire, lead, develop and coach and mentor a team of Analysts and Project Managers to meet and exceed the client's goals and objective
• Responsible for staff development, plans, and goals We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected classification under federal and state law.