Provide both technical and team leadership, and interface effectively with business partners to ensure business needs are met. Lead the planning, development, testing, and delivery of applications of multiple development, quality assurance and infrastructure teams by establishing processes, tools, and measurements for the teams.
- Maintain a backlog of development initiatives, prioritized with business partners
- Responsible for coordinating the ongoing collaboration required to design, develop and integrate long-range technology road maps into the platforms that anticipate future needs and maximize technology investments.
- Partner with business stakeholders, management, teams and customers to identify needs and guide the delivery of cost-effective, high-performance information technology infrastructures and application.
- Responsible for the overall management of production changes to meet audit standards for SOX, and PCI. Development of production audit information to IT Security to comply with compliance requirements.
- Instill and maintain best practices for development team and across technology, including an SDLC based on agile development, in conjunction with other technology leaders
- Develop, support, and integrate best practices and technology standards across the organization; manage tools, standards, and processes for SDLC
- Deliver software enhancements and other improvements on time and on budget per an agreed upon plan
- Participate in technical reviews of complex solutions to ensure re-usability of standardized solutions
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the franchise and customer experience and maintain appropriate workflow and processes
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Manage multiple development teams supporting multiple products
- Strategic planning of technical teams and solutions for business needs
- Facilitate both project and resource forecasting for successful projects across teams
- Plan internal and external resources for effective delivery of project needs
- Oversee processes for application technical and UX designs and use of repeatable patterns in order to reduce complexity and increase reuse
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience as Director of IT Operations or equivalent position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Experience with application architecture and design
- Development experience with java, node.js and related open source technologies
- Development experience with C# and the dot net ecosystem.
- Expertise in modern web application development technologies and patterns
- Experience implementing and managing CI, CD, and DevOps solutions
- Working knowledge of user experience demands, processes, standards, and tools
- Understanding of development team dynamics for highly effective teams
- Experience builds solutions for application continuity and high availability with minimal disaster recovery
- Experience with software quality assurance methodologies and processes.
- Understanding of test tools and framework to deliver and measure quality applications
- Plan, develop and implement a strategic long-range plan for B to B and B to C solutions that insures that infrastructure, technology, and methodologies employed provide Payment Systems with solid, effective and efficient systems that are supportable and allow uninterrupted company growth.
- Breadth of technical experience across Applications, Infrastructure, Data and Platform Architecture with real depth in one or more technology areas.
- Understanding of .net and related MS technology stack
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of application development experience
- 10+ years of development management experience
- 5+ years of enterprise architecture experience
- 5+ years of database design, data architecture, and database development experience
- 10+ years of enterprise project management experience
- 10+ years of open source development experience including front end, back end, and middle ware technologies
- 3+ years of enterprise consulting experience
- Exposure to Single Page Application or related technology experience
- DevOps implementation and management experience
- Experience with big data solutions