TEKsystems is partnered with a prestigious Academic Medical Center in Durham who is seeking a senior developer/architect to assist with the build out of a new health data science department.
This person would be responsible for completing new projects with the Department of Surgery in developing health care solutions for patient and providers in this multi-year initiative.
There are numerous executives and leaders throughout organization who are currently involved in this initiative ensuring it becomes successful.
We are looking for candidates who are adaptable to new methods and technologies, with an eagerness to learn and adjust.
A working knowledge of most of these technologies and concepts are required:
- Microservices architecture and RESTful API design concepts
- Object-oriented and functional programming
- Application Message Queues - RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Agile Methodologies - Kanban, Iterative Development, Spikes, SCRUM
- Data Science Languages - Python, R, Julia
- Web Technologies - Django, Apache, AJAX, REST, RPC/gPRC/Protobuf, Flask
- Automated Testing - PyUnit, Cucumber, Rspec, WATIR, Continuous Integration Frameworks
- Datastores - PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Neo4J, Oracle, SQL Server
- Operating Systems - Linux, Mac OS
- Cloud Deployment & Platforms: Azure, AWS, Google cloud, Open Shift, Kubernetes
Application Design and Development (75%)
- Research and promote the adoption of agile development best practices (e.g., writing test-first code, pairing etc.)
- Develop automated solutions to inefficient or repetitive development tasks
- Identify frameworks and tools that are best-suited for the task at hand
- Develop technical specifications and/or prototypes that satisfy functional requirements
- Re-factor code wherever possible
- Research and promote the adoption of automated testing solutions
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with existing application code
- Assist with in-depth analysis of technical problems, suggest short- term and long-term resolutions.
- Develop and deploy application features and bug fixes according to technical specifications
- Write clean, well-factored code
- Write test cases for all application code
- Follow established source control and deployment practices to help ensure reliable product releases
- Contribute to system and user documentation
- Participate in any of the phases of the software development life-cycle as requested
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Application Support (25%)
- Provide level 3 application support
- Troubleshoot application problems
- Develop and deploy bug fixes and patches
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and technical experience
- Five years of directly related experience
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.