One of our clients, a reputable firm located in Northern Fort Lauderdale FL is seeking to hire a Business Data Analyst. Our client is a solid industry leader and is a great place to work. If you are looking for a position with a firm that values its employees, please apply now.
This role is not open to third party vendors.
There will be no relocation expenses for out of area candidates.
- Develop business cases, define high level business objectives, and develop key success factors for solution delivery
- Elicit, understand, interpret and represent functional and non functional requirements to include business and stakeholder requirements, data and information requirements, data integration, metadata, data quality, service levels and performance
- Plan and facilitate requirements elicitation workshops using a variety of techniques such as Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, interviewing, brainstorming, job shadowing, use stories and other similar requirements elicitation techniques
- Work with Quality Assurance teams in defining the QA strategy, test plans and use cases for QA activities
- Understanding of data management principles and practices
- Understanding of data modeling concepts and techniques
- Well versed in business analysis concepts, software development lifecycle and/or process methodologies
- Good process-orientation with the ability to understand and reengineer existing business processes to recommend new processes and procedures
- Skillful at applying business and technical skills to drive innovation and performance improvement
- Experience with source system data analysis and solid understanding of various data and file structures
- Experience on projects involving data analysis, data mapping, data integration and data warehousing
- 2-3+ years hands-on experience working with SQL with an understanding of different data structures (flat files and RDBMS)
- Knowledge of data cleansing and data conversion processes, techniques and/or tools
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool (e.g., Cognos, Tableau and/or SAS) is a plus
- Experience with Teradata is a plus
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 4 or more years of professional experience
- CBAP and/or CDMP, CBIP certification(s) is preferred, but not required