As Engineering Manager, you'll be expected to demonstrate top-notch management of people, performance and process in order to ensure high quality work is consistently delivered within expected timelines. It's expected that the Engineering Manager be the last stop for critical issues for their area of ownership and that they'll work with their teams to find a way to resolve them quickly and mitigate impact. The ideal candidate will be sharp, an excellent communicator, have a get it done attitude and instinctively know how much abstraction is appropriate. You will work with development teams and stakeholders to build and support a bullet-proof platform that delivers services across multiple applications at enterprise scale.
What You'll Do:
* Manage a team of 3-7 engineers at all levels
* Foster career growth and a healthy work environment among direct reports
* Grow our technical team by hiring great engineers
* Own the company's data platform and cloud infrastructure
* Design and build APIs for delivering core services for multiple web and mobile applications
* Collaborate with Senior engineers on architecture
* Cultivate automated testing culture
* Ensure we're spending time architecting for the future where and when we need to
* Identify areas of technical debt and do the cost/benefit analysis for resolving this debt
* Architect and optimize applications to minimize infrastructure cost
* Participate in after-hours production support and scheduling
* Ensure the team is writing efficient, clean, readable, fast, testable, documented, code and systems
* Squash critical bugs and solve performance issues
* Come up with solid technical solutions to ambiguous technical problems affecting multiple products
* Smoothly and successfully execute cross-platform initiatives, set milestones for a team, and proactively ensure all core goals are hit, even if plans need to be changed to do so
* Accurately estimate large projects involving challenges including major external dependencies, intra-team collaboration or difficult technical requirements
* Maintain and grow a strong engineering culture
What We're Looking For:
* A BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree
* Experience managing business critical consumer websites and services
* Experience managing an engineering team
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Production experience with microservices and cloud architectures using the following technologies: Terraform, Docker, Python, Node, Go, SQL and NoSQL DBs.
* A seasoned AWS practitioner of services like CloudFront, Route 53, ELB, ECS, EC2, S3, Lambda.
* Strong understanding of CI/CD and adheres to the principle of infrastructure as code
* Demonstrated ability to learn/adapt to new technologies
* Experience in a test driven culture
* Passion for building resilient solutions at scale
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.