As a Software Asset Manager working on the Client Service team, you will be responsible to analyze and draft overviews on software in use to support various processes like internal audit, usage analysis to resolve compliance risk and upcoming renewals. Lead Internal audit process to support company-wide software compliance and lifecycle related initiatives. You will also be responsible for leading initiatives which helps increase overall SAM maturity for organization by identifying gaps in existing processes and delivering innovative solutions. A typical day will include:
- Analyze and draft overviews on software in use, required licensing and supports company-wide software compliance
- Support SAM audit process to analysis current usage and entitlements for big vendors and define strategy to mitigate risk.
- Review and configure existing software inventory records in Flexera suite of products like FNMEA, FNMS, App portal or Workflow manager.
- Contribute to licensing strategy, support software renewals and budget planning, contract negotiations and risk reduction on a cross functional level
- Analysis current software usage using Flexera suite related products lie
- Identify SAM processes and tool specific gaps and improvement and proposed innovative solution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Generate reports and analysis for Software Installation and Usage data in support of determining license compliance.
- Continual and advanced education of vendor specific licensing terms and management practices
- Manage key IT Software Assets using the necessary tools and ensure relevant lifecycle stages are accurately managed.
- Collaborate with end-users, system administrators, software developers and packagers, and procurement to response to IT Software needs and data requests.
- Identify and communicate gaps within software compliance to SAM Global service owners and IT leaders.
- Manage and report on all IT Software maintenance renewals, proactively work with application owners and SAM Manager/Director to implement renewals strategies.
- Assist in improving the software asset management lifecycle including procurement and acquisition, compliance, future planning and costing processes.
- Develop and publish reports and key metrics intended to monitor and enforce best practices, compliance, and overall program health.
- Conduct research in support of vendor activities such as purchasing, and contract requirements review.
- Support SAM Global Service owner with data collection during internal and external audit activities. Maintain key asset information and provide ongoing ownership of reports on missing data points, as well as maintain reports to maximum the value of existing and future software purchases, maintenance contracts, and service offerings.
- Maintain key asset information and provide ongoing ownership of reports on missing data points, as well as maintain reports to maximum the value of existing and future software purchases, maintenance contracts, and service offerings.
- 5+ years successful asset management experience
- Experience in SAM related tools like Flexera and Microsoft SCCM is required. Exposure to ServiceNow preferred.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced vendor specific licensing knowledge a plus, like Oracle, Microsoft, IM or VMware will be preferred
- Prefer certification(s) such as: Certified Associate in Asset Management (CAAM), Certified Practitioner in Asset Management (CPAM), Certified Senior Practitioner in Asset Management (CSAM) or Certified Fellow in Asset Management (CFAM), Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM),Required: CTCM certification, ITIL Version 3 Foundation
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.