The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Manager, Tax Compliance & Controversy with the completion of the US federal and state income tax returns for the US filing group. In addition this role will be responsible for handling the relationship with our third party provider and will work with them on an ongoing basis to ensure the sales and use tax process is running smoothly. The ideal candidate will have some general background in US federal and state income tax and sales and use tax with a willingness to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the federal and state income tax compliance process including data gathering, review and completion of various tax computations.
- Complete fixed asset rollforwards for book and tax on an annual basis via SAP. Usage of SAGE system to complete tax depreciation calculations for newly acquired entities not yet on SAP.
- Prepare trial balances used for US tax compliance.
- Prepare LIFO and UNICAP calculations for US tax compliance.
- Assist with management of R&D credit process which is completed by a third party service provider.
- Preparation of other federal and state credit calculations.
- Assist with the management of the US sales and use tax compliance process which is completed by a third party service provider.
- Research various sales and use tax questions brought forward from our business units.
- Address and resolve in a timely manner various income, sales and use, property, and other tax notices.
- Assist with internal controls compliance on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with ongoing nexus studies and analysis.
- Research various state matters related to income tax compliance.
- Special projects as they arise.
- U.S. Income Tax Compliance 70%
- Sales and Use Tax 20%
- Other 10%
- Total 100%
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or in pursuit of CPA preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience with an emphasis on US income tax compliance and/or property tax
- Technology savvy with proficiency in Excel, tax research and fixed asset software products a plus (e.g., HFM, OneSource, SAP, Checkpoint, SAGE, Vertex)
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interface with colleagues across numerous functions and geographic regions