Client is one of the fastest growing, highly dynamic companies in the South Florida area. We have built an organization driven by excellence and we are looking for people who are excited about the opportunity to join us! Offering an innovative environment guided by outstanding leadership, it's a perfect platform to demonstrate your talent and build your career. Energized by the challenges and rewards ahead, we are a passionate team that will continue working on the exponential growth of our business.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Technology team. The ideal Senior Systems Engineerwill have 7 to 8 years of progressive experience working in the Information Technology field as a system engineer capacity. They should possess excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer unparalleled career opportunities, an excellent benefits package and competitive pay. This position is full-time and located in Delray Beach, Florida.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to systems engineers and development teams
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers and other applications
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Availability to work off hours and be on call where necessary.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and / or 7 - 10 years' equivalent work experience
Experience Office 365
Certifications: MCP, MCSE, VMWare not required, but a plus
Experience with dedicated focus on server technologies
Experience with various monitoring and performance tools on compute platforms.
- Windows Servers (2003 - 2012) and Associated Services
- Active Directory, File and Print, IIS, RDS, etc.
- Permissions, Security, Design and Maintenance
- Experience with VMware vSphere 5.x and above
- Strong skills in server virtualization and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of server components and functions
- Strong administration and configuration skills
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory / SQL
- Experience with design / structure / best practices
- Experience with GPO administration, AD replication, TCP / IP, DHCP, DNS
- Experience with Veeam and other Backup technologies
- Experience with SNMP, WMI, etc.
- Experience with Solar Winds, not required but a Plus
- Strong skills in patching and deployment technologies
- Experience with hands on datacenter experience
- Experience with rack / stack / cable