NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Working with a small team, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, integration, test, verification and delivery of spaceflight hardware for an electromechanical subsystem as a part of a large scale mission critical space program. This includes the tracking, development and validation of subsystems requirements and objectives are being achieved.
- Working with a small team, drive the design and development of an electromechanical subsystem for a spaceflight hardware development effort.
- Development of technical documentation including test procedures, test and status reports, procurement specifications, Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Specific knowledge of mechanical systems and electromechanical systems, such as mechanisms, kinematics, bearings, actuation, machining practices, space environment protection, material selection, precision motion, controls systems, etc would be useful for this role.
- Provides technical capability in requirements validation in the DOORS SW requirements tracking tool. Ensure that integrated and tested designs meet specified requirements.
- Assures design suitability for fabrication, mass property control, material suitability, interface definition.
- Examines and confirms requirements for multiple sublevel systems and reviews applicable WBS elements including their inter-dependencies.
- Cross-purpose systems engineering support for a spaceflight mission through integration and test of the hardware.
- Development, coordination and presentation of NASA review and Key Decision Point presentations (e.g. CDR, SRR, ORR, trade study presentations, monthly reviews, etc.)
- Works with a team to define test and program requirements and conducts negotiations and/or exchanges as may be deemed necessary to obtain full agreement for these requirements by all concerned.
Top Skills Details
1) Experience with managing the design, delivery, test, verification and validation of a high reliability spaceflight HW design effort.
2) Experience in a high reliability environment. Ideally spacecraft/ satellite but other similar systems applicable.
3) Ability to drive requirements management, delivery and definition.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors in mechanical engineering required OR at least 10 years of relevant exp.
- Technical team experience and experience coordinating with multiple stakeholders is critical.
- Skills in analysis, design, systems engineering, and math.
- Knowledge in hardware development programs, integration and test would be a big plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products such as Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience reading drawings is required.
- Experience with NASA integration, test and transportation procedures and requirements would be a plus but not required.
- Experience managing a team in the design, test and delivery process for high reliability hardware.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.