BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Senior Staff Accountant for an opportunity in Minneapolis, MN.
Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Duration: Full Time/Permanent job
Location: Minneapolis, MN
A growing entrepreneurial fintech company that has been leading industry innovation is looking to add a Senior Staff Accountant.
This role will assist with all areas of the company's accounting operations. This individual will engage in a wide variety of activity related to the general ledger function; including but not limited to monthly financial statement preparation and analysis, daily cash/account reconciliation, accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory.
The ideal candidate is a smart, independent, diligent person looking to join a collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial workplace in which you will see an immediate impact of your efforts. You will be an integral part of a small, dedicated team of professionals who are hardworking and passionate about their jobs. You will experience a high energy work environment and positive work culture where accountability and results are the focus of our efforts. You will report directly to the Vice President of Finance.
What Will You Do?
- Assist with all aspects of financial statement reporting.
- Prepare consolidation, elimination and FX entries for subsidiary companies.
- Assist with cash forecasting.
- Prepare journal entries, as necessary, ensuring proper backup is maintained as supporting documentation.
- Daily and monthly reconciliation of bank/GL accounts. Generate reports to assist with reconciliation.
- Inventory reconciliation.
- Research discrepancies with both internal and external partners as needed to resolve issues.
- Process daily/monthly ACH and wire transfer payments for Transit partners.
- Streamline and improve department process and controls.
- Work closely with all departments across the company to drive efficiencies.
- Assist with the effective management of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable accounts payable/accounts receivable and general ledger systems and procedures, chart of accounts and organizational policies.
- Prepares monthly accounts receivable invoices and reporting backup. Review partner contracts to ensure accounts receivable invoicing is correct. Collection duties as needed
- Review all vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and approval.
- Code and enter invoices into accounting system. Perform check runs.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Year-End 1099 tax reporting requirements
- Assist with related duties as required or assigned.
- Monthly sales and use tax filing.
- Conduct financial research and data analysis.
- Support annual audit and tax return preparation.
What Experiences/Skills Should You Have?
- CPA or bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- 3-5 years' experience.
- Possess a thorough understanding of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP), accounting practices, and accounting procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and highly driven to produce results.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented; organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.