Senior Staff Accountant
Government Contracting Company
- Extremely large, reputable company
- Brand name company with family-oriented environment
- Lots of stability (they have been growing continuously for years)
- Modern, upscale work environment
- Amazing company culture and training
- Awesome team- we have been working with them for years
This person will be the right hand to the Director of Finance.
They will be responsible for:
- month end close
- over see the billings that go out (must be detail-oriented to review the billings that go out to their government customers)
- full cycle Accounting, general ledger, journal entries
- will not be doing the AP (because they have an AP person) but they will review travel reimbursements and review the AP work
- incur cost claims
- bi-weekly billing, their largest contract is an IDIQ contract which has 100 task orders active on it at one time. probably have 150 invoices that go out every 2 weeks, but they are complex
Desired Skills and Experience:
* BA/BS Degree in Accounting, or related degree with accounting concentration
* Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in accounting, G/L and cost accounting, with minimum of 4 years of direct government accounting experience.
* Strong knowledge of accounting software systems Deltek GCS preferred and Advanced Excel a must.
* Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
* Self-starter, highly-motivated, collaborative and results-driven.
* Excellent organization, communication (written and oral), time management, and presentation skills.
** 'Someone that does not have government contracting experience will not be a good candidate.'
Advanced Excel (pivot tables, formulas, v-look ups, macros are nice to have)
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.