This Software Engineer position is within the Simulation & Training Solutions business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop trainers to high-fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems. This position is located in Sterling, VA.
- Capture and analyze customer requirements; derive product requirements
- Design, develop, test, and debug real-time, multi-threaded software, distributed applications, and APIs for simulation and training
- Regularly collaborate with other software engineers and project management to plan and prioritize development tasks on an Agile team
- Provide time estimates for software development activities
- Support, maintain, and enhance existing software products
- Actively learn new technologies and techniques and apply them to new domains and problem sets
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related STEM field
- (4+ years) Experience with the full Software Development Lifecycle including:
- Planning and requirements analysis
- Object-oriented design and implementation using C/C++
- Software unit test (GoogleTest, NUnit or similar)
- Source code control (Subversion, Git, ClearCase, etc.)
- (4+ years) Experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, and/or Linux development
- (1+ years) Network programming and diagnostics (TCP/UDP sockets, raw sockets, packet sniffing, etc.)
- (1+ years) Multithreading IPCs (e.g. Mutex, Semaphore, Shared Memory, etc.)
- (1+ years) Python or other scripting language
- (1+ years) Agile, Kanban, or Scrum development methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Simulation and modeling software development
- Static code analysis, fuzz testing and secure coding practices
- Continuous Integration experience (Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity or similar)
- Real-time programming
- Distributed simulation development (DIS, HLA, and/or TENA and CGF/SAF)
- Embedded system development
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and other virtualization and cloud computing technologies
- I/O interface development (experience with at least one of the following Modbus, RS232/422/485, CANbus, LVDT/RVDT/Synchro, analog and discrete I/O, etc.)
- Avionics I/O interface development (ARINC-429, ARINC-708, or MIL-STD-1553)
- RDBMS databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- C# software development
Candidates must be eligible for a U.S. Security Clearance. Active Secret Level Clearance preferred.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.