Aerotek is supporting an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to come in an design and develop software for and related to medical diagnostic devices.
- Work as part of an inter-disciplinary team to develop requirements and design specifications, and implement
- Develop software to meet requirement and design specifications, which may include one or more of the following areas:
- Embedded hardware control
- User interface
- Data management
- Remote connectivity
- Write, audit, and improve test coverage.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Support software and system verification and validation testing activities.
- Under general supervision, plans, designs and performs development as assigned.
- Suggests improvements in and adaptations to methodologies, processes, products and systems related to particular projects.
- Participates in scientific/engineering meetings and presents technical findings.
- Applies standard principles, theories and concepts in the field and has working knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Tests, analyzes and interprets data and development situations/events requiring evaluation of identifiable factors.
- BS with 6 years of experience (Engineering)
- MS with 2-5 years of experience (Engineering)
- PhD with 1 year of experience (Engineering)
- Knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership within a team and influence without authority.
- Experience with object-oriented programming.
- Experience using C# and .NET.
- Experience with software change tracking processes.
- Demonstrated ability to commit to assigned tasks.
- Desire to learn and understand diverse and complex systems.
- Experience with Continuous Integration or automated build systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows Embedded Operating system preferred.
- Knowledge of XUnit.NET preferred.
- Ability to travel for work related activities.
- Experience developing software for FDA regulated medical devices strongly preferred.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.