SNI Technology's client is immediately seeking to hire a Senior SQL Developer for an exciting, contract-to-hire opportunity located in Thornton, CO.
SENIOR SQL DEVELOPER
SNI Technology's client is recruiting for a Senior SQL Developer to assist with managing the recent data growth. As operational and instructional data needs grow, we are looking for people with strong skills in the following areas: data modeling, large data sets, T-SQL, and SQL Server Reporting Services. Expertise with ETL processing, Microsoft Analysis Services, Power BI, .NET, and K-12 data sets are a plus.
In addition, strong customer-facing interpersonal skills are a must, as the data team works with multiple business units in a large and complex organization.
If you are interested in joining an organization with an excellent mission and want to work with highly motivated and capable IT colleagues, please consider submitting your application with us today.
Additional insight on what might constitute the 'ideal candidate' for this role:
- Advanced knowledge of logical and physical data modeling and use of Microsoft stack data modeling tools. Applicant should have experience with both OLTP and OLAP modeling.
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence tools: Analysis Services, SSRS, Power BI stack.
- Advanced knowledge of 2-tiered and 3-tiered architectures.
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and Data Mart design skills.
- Advanced knowledge of transactional SQL, relational database theory, and OLAP technologies.
- Strong ETL skill set including SSIS, API and various scripting languages.
- Expertise in debugging all types of programming and scripting.
- Ability to work under a formal software development lifecycle.
- Experience analyzing and auditing large datasets.
- Experience with K-12 applications like Infinite Campus (Student Information System), Schoology, Enrich (Special Education), and Naviance (College Readiness).
- Experience with State Reporting via Data Pipeline to the Colorado Department of Education.
- Experience with object-oriented/based programming languages.
- Experience using PowerShell scripting a plus.
- Experience working with Azure Analytic Services.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and documentation skills.
- High level of analytical and design skills for requirements development and technical specifications.
- Experienced trainer, facilitator, and course developer.
- Ability to work in both isolation and in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn new computer languages and technologies quickly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job. Includes adapting to and mastering new system applications and processes as implemented by the department.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related major. Four (4) additional years of similar and relevant experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Minimum of three (3) years of software engineering experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in systems analysis, software development and programming methodologies, design and implementation.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.