A Major, Lindsey & Africa client has an immediate need for a Senior Real Estate Paralegal in Atlanta, GA.
- Provide paralegal support related for the real estate and transactional activities of the company.
- Maintain database of commercial real estate transactional documents, manage documentation for secured debt transactions, collect and update contract documents and other materials for the sale of homes, and assist with HOA operation and documentation.
- Assist with compiling complete documentation regarding the company's real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Manage documentation of secured debt obligations.
- Assist divisions with obtaining and maintaining plats, HOA governing documents, timely conveyance of common area, and the assembly of necessary documentation for transition to homeowner control of the property owners association.
- Provide general support to the transactional Associate General Counsels.
- Review surveys and final plats, confirm accuracy of and draft legal descriptions.
- Process orders for flood certifications, maintain tracker of requests, reviewing certifications for accuracy; following up when orders are not filled timely and requesting corrections when necessary.
- Review requests for changes to home purchase and sale agreement documents and revise as necessary.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree and a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited school
- At least 7 years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Notary Public, State of Georgia (preferred but not necessary)
- Ability to manage and interact with outside vendors, such as law firms and third party providers
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management including use of Microsoft Office, Serengeti, Salesforce, Internet and Intranets, and SharePoint applications
- Must be able to conduct legal research utilizing the Web or other legal research software
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time