A client of ours located in Rockville, MD., who is a global supplier of sensor processing software for all sorts of electronics, has an immediate need for a Senior Python Developer. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Develop software for analytics and simulation software written in Python
- Work with python packages matplotlib, numpy, scipy
- Use various tools such as conda for package management and cmake for building native components
- Plan, add, and implement new features
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and technical solutions
- Clearly communicate technical ideas both orally and in writing
- Proficient developing Python 3 software
- Experience using Python to parse and process data
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Strong software design skills and ability to break down problems independently
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with other team members
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently and with a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team
(Nice to Have):
- Comfortable with asynchronous event-drive programming. Some of their software uses the Twisted networking package for Python
- Understanding of probability, statistics and linear algebra
- Familiarity with various software tools such as conda, cmake, and Visual Studio
- Experience with Python packages matplotlib and scientific computing packages such as numpy and scipy
- Familiarity and experience with other programming languages such as C++ and/or Java
- This would be working in an office environment alongside 15 other team members
- There will potentially be a telecommuting option for this employee as well (up to 50% of the time)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.