Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
Would you love to be responsible for handling design and construction projects for one or more of the Hilton focused service brands, including new development/ground up projects, adaptive reuse projects, conversions, room additions, brand change projects, and renovation projects? If so, we believe you will enjoy the role as a Senior Project Manager, All-Suites. You will provide technical assistance and support services, implementing design and construction standards, for monitoring construction activities for all All-Suites hotel projects.
More specifically, you will:
- Review architectural and engineering documents, conduct a minimum of three (3) on-site construction inspections for each hotel.
- Review hotel site plans as part of the franchise approval process for new hotels to ensure that the proposed site will support the proposed hotel in compliance with Hilton standards and prototype drawings.
- Contact hotel owner at beginning of the project. Conduct kick-off/pre-design meeting/webinar/conference call with the franchisee and architect. Set expectations for owner and explain the Hilton A&C role. Explain brand standards and prototype drawings.
- Review schematic plans (25%), design development (50%), final documents (100%) and specifications in detail to meet compliance. Should items be con-compliant, you will craft an edited submittal explaining the non-complying issues and present creative solutions.
- Conduct meetings, conference calls, and webinars to explain all requirements to franchisee, architect, and other project team members.
- Pre-review construction submittals and shop drawings for hotel projects to ensure compliance with prototype and brand standards documents and the approved plans submitted to Hilton.
- Visit the project during construction as needed to ensure compliance with brand standards and prototype documents and the approved plans submitted to Hilton. Address concerns immediately, in person, while at the site and provide detailed written correspondence following the site visit to the franchisee, architect, and contractor explaining the non-complying issues.
- Use corporate tracking system (O2O) to input project data. Provide accurate information including, forecasted construction start and hotel opening dates for senior management forecasting purposes.
- Review and propose revisions to standards and prototype drawings.
- Occasionally prepare Property Improvement Plans (PIP) and Pre-evaluation reports and review with A&C VP, Brand, and Development as needed. This includes a) Non-Hilton brand converting to Hilton brand, b) Hotel that has been closed converting to Hilton brand, and c) Hilton brand converting to a different Hilton brand.
- Prepare sketches of possible solutions for commercial areas, guestrooms, exterior design, etc. and present to ownership as part of the Pre-evaluation and/or PIP process.
- Travel as necessary to accomplish the goals for the position while handling travel expenses within company guidelines and improving travel efficiencies.
- Provide technical guidance and services, implementing design and construction standards, and for monitoring construction activities. This includes reviewing architectural and engineering documents and conducting periodic on-site construction inspections as needed.
- Build and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Successful ability to negotiate while maintaining professional integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five (5) years of experience in architecture and construction
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Ten (10) years of experience in architecture and construction
- Five (5) years of experience with the design and construction of hospitality (hotel) projects
- Licenses or Certificates in Architecture and/or Engineering
- Four (4) years of project management experience
- Experience with Blue Beam
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!