Our client - a global leader in publishing and education/learning solutions - seeks a hands-on project manager to aid in partnering with their VP of Platform Solutions and other key business and technology areas to drive a effort that focuses on programs and projects that range from elevating products and services tied to structured content, assessments and metadata and interactive testing to mergers and acquisitions of other learning and media/publishing entities.
For example, as our client has recently sold their K-12 courseware (textbooks and instructional resources) in the United States to a private equity firm, this effort will allow the to continue to focus on their digital business priorities that align to their customers' wants and needs.
1. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
2. Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
3. Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members. Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
4. Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
5. Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
6. Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
7. The ability to implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
-- This professional must have superior communication skills as they will work with a diverse set of stakeholders and thus must be able to get buy-in, influence across business lines.
Project Management, Product Development, Product Management, Technology, Content, Media, Stakeholder Management
Top Skills Details:
1) At least 5 years' project and/or program management experience, with exposure to product management and product development; Must have strong knowledge of application projects in an agile environment and how systems align, work, etc.; Bonus: Media, publishing, or education industry exposure
2) Experience working with developers and interfacing with business units leading projects, not just making updates. The ideal candidate will have a software background or have worked on multiple SDLC projects so they can follow along with the development team members who are located globally; Nice to haves: CMS Tools such as SharePoint, WordPress, Alfresco, etc. as well as usage or knowledge of authoring tools
3) Exemplary communication and documentation skills. This person will be interacting with stakeholders and global development teams. They will have to improve project charters that can have information and diagrams from directors and developers. Must have the ability to run project meeting with multiple stakeholders and lines of business and keep them on track to one common goal; must be able to have command of the meetings.
4.) Ideal/preferred: Prior project work within the M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions), corporate real estate + business technology impacts, would be preferred
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-- Exposure to issue tracking software such as: JIRA
-- Involvement in: PMI via PMP or active participation
Expert Level Person
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.