The Sr. Product Designer needs a strong understanding of designing in the discovery phase of Agile (to understand consumer needs, opportunities and pain points to continually inform an iterative design and discovery process). This person will be responsible for translating complex consumer and business needs into simple and elegant user experiences. This person will make recommendations based on user research and industry best practices to translate business strategies into world class user experiences that are grounded in consumer truths.
TOP 3 SKILLS
- 3+ years of experience in Discovery. (researching, prototyping, creating presentations, customer journey mapping, static wireframes, mockups, task flows, and other deliverables.
- 5-7 years of experience within the fields of product, interaction and visual design.
- 3+ years' experience designing for UX/CX. (User/Customer experience)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create intuitive and elegant product design solutions that solve complex consumer problems and drive business results
* Communicate solutions to stakeholders and executives in a manner that simplifies complexity and generates excitement
* Participate in user experience research to understand consumer needs, opportunities and pain points to continually inform an iterative design and discovery process
* Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions
* Collaborate and partner with Product Managers, Designers, Analysts and Developers throughout the discovery, design and development process
* Create visual artifacts to articulate, inform and validate ideas with consumers and stakeholders (prototypes, wireframes, sketches, journey maps, personas, etc.)
* Create detailed design deliverables utilizing and contributing to the design language system and pattern library
* Stay current on all the tools, principles and practices in product design, prototyping and development, and drive for continuous improvement
* Facilitate meetings and brainstorming sessions that are organized and productive
* Advocate for high standards of excellence in providing delightful and rewarding user experiences, and proactively support the team in achieving them
* Proven track record devising and designing high-quality user UX and CX products in collaboration with product management and engineering partners.
* Passion for technology and design, and the drive to stay on top of industry trends and best practices
* Persuasive communicator - able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
* Good listener - weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
* Collaborative and team oriented work approach
* Solid understanding of user-centered design processes and ability to balance customer needs with business goals and metrics in developing solutions
* Experience with brainstorming techniques and getting consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
* Experience leveraging user research and the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and what problems they're solving
* Strong Product Design principles and deliverables, including rapid prototyping, journey maps, detailed flows, and pattern libraries etc.
* Ability to convert ideas quickly into design artifacts
* Ability to perform design critiques and supply objective feedback to others
* Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
* Able to train and mentor others in design methodologies and best practices
* Experience designing and prototyping native app and web solutions for a range of screen sizes/resolutions: mobile, tablet, desktop, etc.
* Experience with Agile development processes
* Responsive/adaptive design experience a plus
* E-commerce experience a plus
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.