Infinity Insurance Company is a leader in bringing specialized automobile insurance programs to the marketplace. We deliver innovative products and services that are designed to meet the diverse and evolving insurance needs of consumers.
When we named our company 'Infinity' we knew it was a bold title. Infinity means without end. For more than 50 years, Infinity has done justice to its name, searching for every possible way to offer the best service. The key to our ongoing success is excellence. We strive for excellence in every detail, from our policy offerings and insurance products to our hiring and training programs. We don't take excellence for granted. All of our hard work has paid off. We consistently outperform the industry by making auto insurance more accessible, easier to understand and affordable.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Have you mastered the art of predictive analytics and statistics? Are you ready for your next challenge? We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Pricing/Statistical Analyst.
We are looking for 8+ years of Personal and/or Commercial lines auto insurance experience and expertise with tools such as Emblem, SAS and R. In this role, you will gather and prepare model ready datasets, update and refine current benchmark rating models and complete company-wide product performance analysis. You will also provide support to the Pricing department by performing rate revision analysis as needed. Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates. As a senior member of the team, you also qualify for incentive bonus compensation.
*1. Independently initiates and analyzes data and processes to determine, support or improve rate adequacy.
*2. Independently initiates analyses or maintains and improves processes related to the development of rate level indications.
*3. Independently initiates analyses or maintains and improves processes related to the development of off-balance analyses including; one-way analyses, multivariate analyses and rerater impact analyses.
*4. Independently initiates analyses or maintains and improves processes related to the development and support of all necessary rate and form filings including all interrogatory responses.
*5. Independently initiates analyses or maintains and improves processes related to the development and support of all monthly multivariate, or analyst view, analyses.
*6. Independently initiates analyses, participates in, or maintains and improves processes related to any and all GLM work or other sophisticated ad-hoc analyses performed to support, test, implement new rating variables or product structures.
*7. Researches and develops analytical or software solutions and computer databases to improve or eliminate manual pricing processes by applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analyses.
*8. Assists in the training of other analysts, product staff and end-users on the use of analytical models and developed applications.
*9. Formulates and implements analytical/software solutions or database tools using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict, measure and understand the consequences of design.
*10. Develops testing procedures and participates in the testing and debugging of group developed analyses, solutions and software.
*11. Provides documentation for the use, deployment and maintenance of analytical and technical solutions.
*12. May manage the activities of Pricing Analysts.
*13. Provides training to other functional groups regarding new programs or revisions to existing programs.
*14. Must have regular predictable attendance.
*15. Performs special projects related to the data needs of the company, Product Management and Pricing Groups as directed by the manager.
*16. Performs all other duties as assigned.
INTERNAL: Interacts with all levels of company personnel..
EXTERNAL: Interacts with all levels of individuals outside the company including agents, insureds, other company officials, DOI representatives, state examiners, auditors and vendors.
May supervise a Pricing Analyst I, Pricing Analyst II, or Pricing Analyst III.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Senior Pricing Analyst I:
1. Advanced degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or related field with a demonstrated technical/analytical proficiency and successful completion of three or more Casualty Actuarial Exams and 2 years of actuarial and insurance auto pricing or software development experience with working knowledge of a fourth generation language like SAS, SPSS or SQL. In lieu of completion of three or more exams and 2 years experience, will accept a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or related field with a demonstrated technical/analytical proficiency and 4 years of actuarial and insurance auto pricing or software development experience with working knowledge of a fourth generation language like SAS, SPSS or SQL.
2. Must possess significant knowledge of personal computer software utilized by the Pricing Department. Most specifically, Microsoft Office 2003/2007 with a knowledge of Visual Studio, SQL Server or some experience with a fourth generation language like SAS or SPSS. A conceptual understanding of sophisticated statistical software or development of object oriented software preferred.
3. Must have good oral and written communication skills.
4. Requires above average analytical ability.
5. Must be a self-motivated, goal-oriented individual with above average organizational skills.
6. Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
SPECIAL DEMANDS OR WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. This position will often require a varying schedule with additional hours to meet project deadlines.
2. Must be able to work independently with limited direction.
3. Must be able to work on multiple projects with shifts in priorities.
4. Must be willing to learn new software products, languages and platform.
5. Ability to work under pressure to meet specific deadlines.
Employees understand our commitment to a positive work environment and dedication to the utmost in service. Advancement opportunities include skill training and career paths for many positions. We take the time to get to know our customers and recognize the importance of building long-term relationships – with our business clients as well as our hardworking employees.
Come see why our team gets the job done right and has fun doing it!