- Applies professional accounting principles and practices to a variety of work assignments involving the exercise of independent judgment and initiative within established procedures and regulations.
- Assists with technical responses to inquiries from employees, network organizations and auditors regarding payroll and cash receipts
- Supervise payroll personnel and manage payroll processes, time reporting, and systems. Ensures coordination of payroll activities with HR. Prepare and process payroll-related journal entries, account reconciliations, and labor cost on monthly basis.
- Prepare quarterly census reports for applicable agencies as required.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the payroll staff.
- Reconcile multiple FEIN's 940's, 941's, and W-2's
- Support the Supervisor with auditing and regulatory inquiries.
- Reviews and analyzes pension reports to prepare corporate Annual Return/Report of Employee Benefit Plan in compliance with federal tax regulations. Submits return for review by management. Supervises the timely filing of the return.
- Prepare schedules for audit.
- Assist external annual and pension audits.
- Coordinates the processing and preparation of company payroll, including coordination with banking institutions
- Responds to user questions regarding payroll/timesheets system.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable Payroll regulations.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
Company staff, external auditors, government and regulatory personnel, vendors and other representatives
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS degree in accounting or business from an accredited institution of higher education and 5-7 years' experience in professional accounting environment, preferably involving governmental, not-for-profit or fund accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of payroll tax laws and regulations, particularly Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment, and Affirmative Action regulations, and IRS code pertaining to payroll.
- Strong knowledge of the accounting principles and practices of financial administration required
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, database and word processing applications, such as MS Office required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- CPP certification, preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Company information required.
- Maintain regular and timely attendance.
- Fast-paced working environment, extensive computer usage.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Action and Time Frame
% To be completed
Administer, process and maintain payroll to meet corporate requirements and federal/state compliance as required.
Assist in the external audit process to ensure compliance with accounting standards, as well as meeting the timing requirement of 2 CFR 200 and annual report submission