Senior Network Solutions-Security Engineer
Looking for a skilled, individual with expertise in the areas of network and security design, implementation, and management. Individual should have a broad, technical understanding of both traditional networking and security technologies. He/she should have experience with the tools necessary to design, implement, document, and maintain traditional network and security in an environment with multiple sites, client types and applications.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate advanced technical experience with security technologies, as well as traditional LAN/WAN switching and routing technologies. The candidate should be able to explain the design and implementation of such technologies to any audience ranging from Level 1-3 engineers as well as non-technical managers and directors.
- As a Sr. Network Engineer, you will be responsible for building, configuring, troubleshooting and technical analysis of the customer's networks.
- Work directly internally and customer's technical staff to gather technical requirements needed to design and implement LAN WAN communication.
- Provides design, installation, technical support, upgrades and optimization of various network communications and systems.
- Provide technical leadership for Consulting Services projects.
- Provide knowledge transfer to the customer.
- Performs customer support activities for data communications equipment and networking system products.
- Updates the Practice Manager on scheduling and project status.
- Provides technical guidance and support to other Network Engineers as needed.
- Engages in continuous learning to stay abreast on new and emerging technologies. This includes obtaining vendor-related certifications (Professional level certification preferred - CCNP, CCDP, or similar), to enhance professional development and our corporate standing with our vendors.
- Perform analysis of the networking problems as well as provide highest-level crisis management.
- Understands Cisco ACI/VMware NSX
- Determine hardware requirements including switches, routers, and wireless and configure what's needed to support the network.
- Develop device configuration files from scratch and make modifications to existing configuration files in production switch, router, and firewall systems. Will also be required to configure L2/L3 switch and router-based QOS in LAN devices.
- Design, implement, and support LAN/WANs.
- Troubleshooting of security, routers and switch devices
- Work with peers to discuss and implement recommended changes.
- Act as one of the technical leads in deploying fault-tolerant and high performance networks that provide problem isolation and fault identification.
- Be responsible for the review and documentation of the network on a periodic basis.
- 5+ years of experience in Commercial and/or Enterprise-level network engineering/implementation.
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in the following areas of
- Internetworking Routing & Switch, including Cisco Nexus & Catalyst switches
- WAN Networking Architectures & Protocols
- Security Systems & Applications
- TCP / IP networking and Ethernet technologies.
- Experience with LAN / WAN topologies including MPLS, and point-to-point private lines.
- Experience with F5 load balancer, Cisco ISR and ASR routers
- Cisco Catalyst/Nexus (Layer 2 and Layer 3).
- Experience with route protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, RIPv2
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to document work.
- Proficient skills in Visio and Microsoft Office products
- Must have 3+ years of experience in Palo Alto/Cisco ASA/Firewall designs and implementation in medium to large environments
- Active Cisco Certifications (CCNP/CCIE Security) preferred
- Active Palo Alto Certifications (PCNSE) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- CCNP routing or security certification or equivalent work experience
- Cisco expert level certifications such as CCIE R/S or Security
- Experience demonstrating analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth understanding of security (firewall) design criteria and security standards.
- Hands-on in-depth knowledge of Cisco ASA, Firepower, AMP, FTD
- Hands-on in-depth knowledge of Palo Alto NG firewalls, including Traps and Panorama
- Experience implementing authentication technologies such as Cisco ACS and Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Knowledge of Cisco Umbrella, AMP for endpoints, StealthWatch
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with Cisco Nexus series devices
- Excellent understanding of interconnection and troubleshooting techniques for LAN hardware to include switches, routers, and WAP's.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- This position operates in a 7x24x365 SLA driven environment, requiring flexible work hours.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline.