TEKsystem's client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to help support their end users. Our client is a managed service provider for Army and DOD IT systems, and plans to offer managed cloud services in MS Azure followed closely by AWS.
JOB DUTIES -
* Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
* Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
* Serve as overall subject matter expert on Network Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends.
* Design and implement secure network and application delivery solutions providing high availability to hosted customer applications.
* Troubleshoot issues related to network and application performance to assist in resolving issues impacting hosted applications.
* Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
* Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
* Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
* Mid to senior level [5+ years MINIMUM] Network Engineer experience in a enterprise environment
* Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. CCNA, CCNP, etc.)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
* Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
* Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
* Strong understanding of fundamental network concepts and technologies
* Understanding of common network services (DNS, SNMP, NTP, etc.) and application protocols (HTTP, SSL) - preferred
* Ability to analyze packet captures to troubleshoot common network and application issues
* Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
* Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) - preferred
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.