PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Obtains materials using production and engineering schedules to maintain inventory at planned levels to achieve production schedule and business goals. Resolves internal, supplier, process, and system discrepancies to ensure production schedule and business goals are achieved. Creates and maintains bills of material and parts/commodities numbers in enterprise wide systems. Ensures material standards are met and non-conformances or variances are approved and/or eliminated. Requires minimum supervision or direction to achieve production schedule and business goals.
PRINCIPALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchases and manages inventory levels of all materials, commodities, and services following established purchasing policies and procedures to optimize delivery and uptime.
- Establishes strong partnerships with strategic suppliers critical to business.
- Manage assigned suppliers’ relationships and source, qualify, and rationalize new and existing products and suppliers in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). Investigate and identify qualified suppliers.
- Coordinates, conducts, and participates in meetings and discussions between suppliers and/or supplier representatives and necessary related personnel concerning supply, demand, delivery, or quality.
- Executes purchase strategies and procurement programs in support production and business goals.
- Responsible for developing sufficient number of suppliers to assure continuity of supply, effective competition, required quality and on-time deliveries.
- Participate in instruction and training of less experienced personnel and provides guidance as necessary to assist in the performance of procurement activities.
- Investigates and implements process improvements that increase productivity while reducing expenses and protecting profitability.
- Requires limited supervision or direction to achieve production, business, or personal goals and objectives.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. Occasionally required walk.
- Corrected 20/20 vision is required.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability and willingness to travel to supplier sites for internal meetings and/or audits within the US and abroad.