- Designs, develops or oversees new or revised products to satisfactory production, coordinating with various departments and outside vendors engaged in setting up or changing the manufacturing processes involved.
- Originates and applies new and unique engineering methods, concepts or materials.
- Works on engineering assignments in the design of specific parts, components and various phases of an engineering project.
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Prepares proposals and cost estimates for future work.
- Monitors and controls assigned projects to assure compliance with approved procedures, methods, quality standards and regulations.
- Assists with the review of product development progress and evaluates results.
- Recommends changes in procedures, design or equipment where necessary.
- Maintains product documentation to assure correct configuration.
- Working from engineering design documents, prototypes and/or engineering change orders, determines equipment, tooling, materials, manufacturing methods and facility requirements to produce company products in scheduled quantities and at the lowest cost consistent with quality specifications.
- Investigates and resolves work in-process problems.
- Create detail engineering drawings and drafting for the release of components and assemblies.
Information Management & Reporting Activities
- On a regular basis, communicates with other department personnel providing important information on engineering activities.
- Attends and participates in group meetings, task force groups, etc., as needed.
- Plans, coordinates and prepares reports, surveys, research information and any special requests made by senior management.
- Evaluates field failure reports to determine causes of problems and probability of failures.
Position Description: Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Implements methods and procedures for document control and security.
- Provides engineering support to Instrument Service and Product Engineering.
- Provides written input to performance evaluations of junior engineers and/or designers and technicians assigned during appraisal period
BA or BS degree in Mechanical engineering or related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree or above is preferred.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years of experience in electromechanical components and system development related to laboratory, medical and industrial applications.
- 5+ years of experience in new product development involving robotic automations, measurements and controls, apparatus, sheet metal and injection molded plastic parts.
- Demonstrated track records in new products development from concepts to productions.
- Demonstrated hand on experience in 3D modeling and simulation CAD software, such as ProE, Solidworks, etc.
- Demonstrated hand on experience with measurement tools, prototyping machines, testing setups, trouble shooting, technical documentations and protocol preparations and reports.
- Requires details oriented expert application of advanced engineering and associated scientific knowledge.
- Ability to use a Personal Computer and software for wordprocessing, spreadsheet, etc.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible,
Must Have Experience:
1. BS/MS degreed engineer in ME
2. 10 year new product development experience from concept to production and can show examples.
3. Standalone 5 year design experience in robotic automations, measurement and control.
4. Proficient with two of the following three 3D CAD and simulation tools (ProE/Creo, Solidworks, AutoCAD)
5. Familiar with GD&T experience with tolerance stack-up analysis
6. Experience with VAVE (Value Analysis Value Engineering) approach to design; show examples
7. Experience with Design for manufacturability and assembling; show examples
8. Hands-on with measurement tools and techniques, basic machine tools (lath and mills), prototype building, test setup and debugging, etc.
9. Proficient with MS office tools (Word, Power point, Excel, Project, etc)
10. Experience with FMEA or other root cause analysis tool.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.