From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth, while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be Memphis, TN or McLean, VA.***
The Senior Manager, Technology Vendor Management of Intellectual Property will be directly responsible for creating and implementing a strategy to protect and monetize Hilton Technology Intellectual Property. This will include creating and managing a portfolio of patents related to Hilton digital innovations.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with senior IT leadership, Hilton legal department and Internal Clients to create specific intellectual property strategies for innovation and other digital initiatives.
- Serve as the subject matter authority for intellectual property regulations in various jurisdictions, more specifically, technology related patents.
- Create a patent process and potential maintenance processes.
- Develop the intellectual property and patent strategy for the information technology department.
- Lead multiple projects, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Identify, prioritize and implement dynamic steps to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
- Partner with internal clients and other Hilton team members to integrate solutions components as well as project plan, cost, timeline and understanding the implications on architecture.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to engage audiences
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Helpful, self-starters, who take initiative in leading goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Respectful teammates, who possess a good work ethic and high degree of integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional experience in Technology or related field
- Two (2) years of experience in digital-related innovation
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Ten (10) years of professional experience in Technology or related field
- Two (2) years of experience with patents
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!