The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Content Strategy, you will play a pivotal role in developing innovative and engaging online travel content strategies that will drive new audiences to our website via organic search, build brand loyalty and add value for our customers. Reporting to the Director, Global SEO, you will work in close partnership with various internal and external partners to implement strategic recommendations, in addition to being responsible for establishing appropriate Key Performance Indicators, monitoring and analyzing performance. Furthermore, you will also be responsible for developing, supervising and mentoring a small team.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop data-driven content strategies that will improve the customer experience, drive inbound organic search traffic and conversions.
- Work with SEO agency partner to support internal cross-functional teams (Social Media, PR, Brand Marketing, eCommerce, etc.) in the creation of content to ensure it is optimized for search.
- Collaborate with Technical SEO leads and Digital Product developers on the implementation of web design enhancements that will improve organic search visibility.
- Assist with crafting and managing workflow processes that drive cross-departmental efficiency and alignment in the production of content.
- Assist in the development of SEO and content best practices; advocate for a search-led content strategy within Global Marketing and the organization at large.
- Oversee management of agency partner, key vendors and platforms. Monitor ongoing agency and vendor performance against annual contract terms, and provide input into terms and conditions negotiations.
- Conduct regular benchmarking across competitors and other industries to identify gaps, understand trends and additional opportunities.
- Review monthly program performance, communicate results to appropriate partners and make recommendations for key areas of improvement.
- Build the team as needs dictate, including hiring and managing either in-house or contract team members.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic teammates, who are passionate about using their analytical skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. Success will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong knowledge of search engine standards and best methodologies, algorithm ranking factors and core SEO principles
- Proficiency in interpreting data and formulating conclusions using a variety of web analytics platforms, SEO, digital marketing and social media performance insight tools
- Proven communication and public speaking skills with the ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills with substantial experience establishing relationships and interacting with all levels within an organization
- Hardworking and able to identify, prevent and effectively address any issue in collaboration with others; adept at developing problem solving skills among other team members as appropriate
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional experience in marketing
- Three (3) years in SEO and Content Marketing
- Two (2) years of management experience leading a team
- A diverse portfolio of work demonstrating consistent experience building and overseeing large-scale content strategies that rely on SEO findings, data, user-experience and consumer research to inform content roadmap planning and execution
- Travel - up to 10% travel
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Experience executing a SEO strategy for a global organization
- Experience developing content strategies for markets outside of North America
- Experience in Social Media strategy development
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!