From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager of Product, you will partner with key team members to turn customer insights into actionable strategies and priorities. You will use technical acumen and analytics to guide and execute product decisions. You will be responsible for driving the overall product development lifecycle by effectively collaborating with the Functional Experts, Architects, Product Developers, and Commercial and Regional teams. You will require very good eye for business, a holistic understanding of platform architecture and technology trends, and most importantly, a passion to build amazing guest experiences. You will have a bias for action and will lead Agile development teams to bring concepts to market at speed.
More specifically, you will:
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal partners and contribute to achieve the product vision and roadmap for in-language digital experiences.
- Work with multi-functional teams including scrum teams consisting of UI engineers, QA, UX and visual designers.
- Evaluate new product concepts for value and viability through a series of quick market experiments de-risk assumptions upfront, and in rapid fashion.
- Work with data scientists to connect high level algorithm concepts to expected business outcomes through iterative simulation and testing.
- Work closely with the UX and Engineering teams to deliver functional solution.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' product.
- Generate epics and users' stories to provide guidance to the Development team.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering in an Agile environment to develop new features and resolve product issues.
- Define and monitor a balanced set of metrics to ensure success of new products.
- Analyze performance data and customer input to continuously find opportunities to improve the experience.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Dedicated, ambitious individual with good time management and attention to detail
- Deep expertise in internationalization and localization of content
- Experience working in Agile Product Management
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years professional experience in Technology or a related field
- Two (2) years localization or translation project management experience
- Two (2) years of experience using Computer Aided Translation (CAT) tools, Language Quality Assurance (LQA) tools and/or Machine Translation
- Travel - up to 15%
- Fluency in at least one non-English language
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
- Twelve (12) years professional experience in Technology or a related field
- Five (5) years translating business strategy into customer facing digital products
- Three (3) years of experience working in Agile Product Management
- Three (3) years of experience involving language and translation tools
- Two (2) years of previous supervisory experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!