The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager of Marketing Project Management, you will be shepherding the delivery of large scale strategic marketing projects from initiation to execution and ongoing adaptation. You will be key in delivering new, ground breaking capabilities and strategies within the marketing organization and ensuring scoping, resourcing and execution is aligned and prioritized as appropriate.
You will be responsible for both running initiatives that support the global marketing organization across all of our 15 brands and interfacing closely with key stakeholders outside marketing including partner organizations. Projects will range from more technical to strategic in nature and span a number marketing functions/disciplines (e.g., loyalty programs, marketing strategy, marketing operations, media and marketing sciences). You will also be responsible for helping develop and refine tools, templates, and standard methodologies to continuously improve our project management capabilities across the global and regional marketing teams. In this position, you must excel at building relationships quickly in a dynamic organization, actively engaging with team members at all levels of the organization (up to and including SVPs), and maintaining flexibility to change direction when needed.
More specifically, you will:
- Craft and drive a collaborative approach to running projects across Brand and Regional Marketing, Social, PR, Media and Marketing Performance, Insights and partner teams in the development of global marketing strategies and initiatives designed to accomplish stated business objectives.
- Build detailed multi-function and multi-phase project plans which incorporate contingency planning and project risk analysis.
- Act as a high-level, coordinating manager to ensure project sponsors and decision makers have appropriate information, decisions are made in the necessary timeframes, and project ownership is assigned to and prioritized by appropriate partner teams.
- Guide business owners on managing key project achievements including: defining functional specifications, establishing timelines and success criteria, leading participation in partner meetings, helping senior leadership understand and evaluate trade-offs and ensuring appropriate information flow across teams and functions.
- Identify strategic gaps and evaluate opportunities for new initiatives and tools to support marketing efforts across the organization.
- Ensure streamlined, constructive communications about all assigned projects to all partners.
- Participate in selection and negotiating contractor, vendor and partnership relationships in partnership with legal and procurement teams to ensure the success of key projects.
- Support the design and development of operating models and process solutions to ensure appropriate implementation of strategic projects.
- Act as an effective steward of project budgets.
- Lead cross-functional teams through execution of assigned projects and effectively lead projects across geographic lines.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to move and positively influence a group toward a common direction and vision
- Proven experience leading complex initiatives including project management and business consulting skills
- Dedicated self-starter with working knowledge across marketing functions including brand marketing, retail, regional marketing, CRM, analytics and channels
- Ability to think conceptually, overlay appropriate decision structures and models on strategic questions and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to identify message points for presentations and to enthusiastically identify appropriate opportunities to share those messages with all constituent groups
- Ability to facilitate working sessions with key partners and synthesize data with opportunities to identify strategic and tactical solutions
- Thrive in a dynamic, matrix environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five to seven (5-7) years' experience in project management
- Experience leading across regions: Americas, EMEA and APAC
- Travel up to 10% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- PMP certification
- Experience building plans that are demonstrable in understanding critical path and task dependencies
- Consulting firm experience with some exposure to the Marketing function or as a Project Manager within a marketing organization
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!